Everton v City post match

Your original question was "Is there anything about this season which makes you believe that he'll get it right at some point?"

My response was to point to very promising aspects of the season, ones that make me believe he can and will eventually get it right (especially with the right personnel), rather than a knee jerk view of growing pains and a bad defeat today.

If you would like to reframe your question we can discuss that, as well.

No, no need to reframe or rephase it. What are the promising aspects of the CL so far? Beating Monchengladbach 4-0 at home? Or just the Barca win? (Which was brilliant as is the one positive I can think of). I think it's strange to consider a start to a season as a positive when it all falls away after that.

We've had good spells with plenty of managers, and have had great one-off wins with plenty of managers, but I just find it hard to see anything from this season that could really be enough to make you see evidence of this going somehwhere.

And it's not like he's got another managers squad completely. He's been influencing signings for a year at least. Conte hasn't, and he hasn't needed such a big time to transition a team who finished TENTH last season.

We were losing against qpr and won the league.

Spurs 3 nil down half time won 4 3 . Stuff and stats are being made up.

The stat refers to losing at half time in the league and then going on to win the game. Unless you actually think people are saying we haven't come from behind to win in 21 years.

And the Spurs game was in the cup

Hey friends been a long time since I posted here, was wondering where the pep out club can be found? We are a fucking embarrassment and it is entirely the fault of gaurdiola and his, I said it before he joined as well. the egotistical **** believes his own shite and now he's finding out what it's like to play in a competitive league he can't handle it. He is out of his depth because he has never actually had to do any difficult work, chances the best out of the greatest Barca squad in history and underachieved with Bayern in the Bayern Munich league and now he thinks he's the shit. We will never win a competition with gaurdiola in charge he is too weak it's time to stop this mess while we can still save some face

Ha Ha where is the best salmon fishing these days

I agree with most of what you are saying but like i just said in another thread...its quite ironic that Peps tactics have made other teams respond in such a way that we don't actually need a keeper who is good with his feet as very few teams are pressing us that hard...What also Peps tactics have done is meant that cause our midfield and fullbacks push so high that when this breaks down there are situations where we have 2-3- defenders vs 2-3 attackers.....as Pep says they have to be good at one on ones...(which they aint)..but this also means the goalkeeper and Bravo is shit at it.. you say he couldn't do anything about the goals today but the third and 4th goals he would have made a better attempt at as Hart was brilliant at making himself big and blocking one on ones and id put money on the fact than he would have done a better job than bravo on the 3rd and 4th goals.

Did anyone else notice as well that the second goal was remarkably like the chelsea second goal that William scored...hit it early and bravo was no where near set and he got nowhere near it...same sort of position (maybe a bit closer to goal when he hit it)

Teah if teams don't close down it then gets launched and they win it back more times than not. Dyche sussed this out.

More or less the same team Pellegrini picked all last season. Not sure why people are surprised by their woeful showing. They vast majority of them underperformed last season, the season before and got Mancini the sack in 2013. Pep might or might not be able to sort us out but there is no doubt where the fault major lies and it's with the shower that keep going out on that pitch every week. If they are energised and play with intensity, they look unplayable at times. When they walk about, like today, they look terrible. And whilst Bravo and the defence certainly didn't cover themselves in glory (and Bravo does need to be taken out of the team, for his own good, I would have thought) what keeps happening to this fabled front 4? No saves for an opposition keeper yet again...
Ignoring the pro Bobby stuff, when the players refused to tow his line it should have been them out of the door rather than Mancini. As ITK posters have said that Mancini also made his position untenable perhaps we should have had a full clear out manager & players.

It's player power that is killing our club not Mancini, Pellers or Pep, getting shut of 1/2 isn't the answer it needs to be a full on assault. Our team need to be 100% committed or ship the fuck out.

Is there any chance we could get special dispensation to put a 6 foot plank of wood in nets? Surely some opposition shots would hit it.

Doesn't that say a lot? I'll be honest, I was devastated Willy started at Wembley, when the teams were read out. Everyone around agreed it was a fuck up. Turned out OK but... I now want a keeper picked who a couple of years ago wasn't anywhere good enough for us ?

Volumes! Begging for a bang average to replace a utter shite one

Ignoring the pro Bobby stuff, when the players refused to tow his line it should have been them out of the door rather than Mancini. As ITK posters have said that Mancini also made his position untenable perhaps we should have had a full clear out manager & players.

It's player power that is killing our club not Mancini, Pellers or Pep, getting shut of 1/2 isn't the answer it needs to be a full on assault. Our team need to be 100% committed or ship the fuck out.
Completely agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.