Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

90 minutes. We're supposed to be in the run for the title.

We're on top. 90 minutes and we should have had the ability to fix any mistakes that were made.

Give out about the ref?
What did Howard have to do?
When did their back 4 look stressed or under a lot of pressure?

We were toothless tonight. 90 minutes to score a goal or two and we weren't good enough on the night. We couldn't grind it out, keep our patience. We ran out of ideas.
We just didn't play well and we can't blame the ref for that.

What I saw from Everton, I saw players who had ran their socks off, had worked themselves into the ground.

Can the same be said for our players?

At the end of the day all you can ask for from the players is to give their all and regardless of the results, we can't ask for any more than their best.

But when you look back on a game and ask the question, did they do their best? Did they work as hard as they can?
Can't all of our lads say they did enough?
For me, tonight, the answer was no. And if the answer is no, then they're in no position to blame anybody but themselves. Not the manager and certainly not the ref.
This crap about we've played worse but got the result or a decision from the ref, it's a load of bull. Nobody is going to gift you a result. You've to work for every second on that pitch, you might be fortunate to get a fortunate call from the ref, but normally, every win has to be earned. We didn't earn it, we didn't deserve the win, and no amount of moaning about the ref wont change that.

At the end of the day we are at a stage where EVERY single game is make or break. We're not too superior for any game, and sometimes, just sometimes, certain players look like they could have given a little bit more.
And that for me is unacceptable.

Give it all or go home.

anymore than 2sheiks said:
This is hardly a stellar fixture in the football calender, yet season after season sky televise this match and the home match. Walton has had the finger of suspicion pointed at him before, yet gets chosen to officiate this match again. I've said before that football matches are greatly affected by psychology. Maybe our players should have the collective strength of character to overcome this but when you see your team-mates getting carded for 1 foul and the other team getting away with reckless and cynical fouls, you start to feel that the writing's on the wall.
As much as it pains me to say it, I think we need a defensive beast alongside Kompany and he needs to be vocal. I'm not too downhearted. We're not quite there yet as a squad but we will be soon. Then Mancini will be in a position to choose the right personnel for whoever we play.

the decision to play the advantage when Aguero was brought down was a total disgrace.. Nasri couldn't go nowhere with the ball.. and the ref says.... well I don't care.. Play on

Could we possibly try this next season?

abB2wzEabX.jpg

Big Dave Watson said:
Just read what 99% of posts are saying you blind fool. Jesus fucking christ.

99% of the posters on this thread are knee-jerk idiots, including you.

We've won 3 of the last 4 in the league, hardly cause for the over-reaction in this thread.

Comrade Buka said:
ballinio said:
Seriously, the turning point in the game was another stonewall penalty not given , things like this decide the outcome. Walton is a cheat hand picked for this game, i`m just thinkig whats the point anymore, we`re being shafted out of all trophies, an absolute total stitch up.

How the fuck can Walton see if it hits the arm when the arm is by his side and obscured by his body?

Is he supposed to have fucking X-ray view surgically implanted? Or should he view the game through a fucking airport scanner or fucking what?

The ****** on Bluemoon are too fucking much sometimes. And that is a fucking understatement.

Glad to get that off my chest.

We were fucking shite today. Take it up the arse like a man.

And stop your fucking inane whining. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand Walton could not possibly have seen the ball hit the arm.

And furthermore, how the FUCK is a denied penalty a turning point, when we are already one goal down?

forget the penalty, the more worrying thing was the "rabbit in headlights" finishing tonight. everytime we could get s shot away, we seemed to shit it, and let the dippers get blocks in

Re: That was a fukn disgrace tonight.

davymcfc said:
PistonBlue said:
Typical performance against Everton. They get men behind the ball, defend for their lives, and pretty much every tackle is a borderline foul which we don't get. They are very hard to break down and you have to give them credit for that.
We have to learn to compete physically with teams like this instead of going down easily (Dzeko) or moaning to the ref about their physicality (Kun, Silva, Nasri).

Once they got the goal it was always going to be ten times harder to score, but we only started to move the ball quickly after going a goal down, not good enough.

We have had a lot of bad decisions go against us and with the bans we've had to VK and MB you get the impression that the manager and squad feel like everything is going against them. There's two ways to react to this -get yourself all wound up and lose your grip and concentration -or you get your heads down and not prove to everyone how good you are, and make no mistake we are the best team in the League. But at the moment we're not showing it.
The voice of reason tonight. This outweighs all other opinions I have seen tonight. Glad we have some sensible posters.
I agree too.

Cant keep blaming refs!!
its the players who have let us down tonight,if you wana win championships you win games like tonight(and sunderland).
we were fuckin shite.

Soooo should we recall Tevez then.. I think he's going nowhere this window.

Well he's also not in Manchester but ok..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.