Everton Vs City Post Game Discussion thread

doomuk said:
Tevez City said:
The cookie monster said:

+1

The easiest thing to do is to blame the ref.

Who else would you have brought on to attack if not AK?
I think Barry was knackard and si NDJ was brought on in a vain attempt to frshen things up as we had no other options.

Bottom line is a) we should have done better in front of goal and b) we dont have the depth of squad we all thought. id also add c) argreaves has not worked out.

Blame Manchini all you want but its been him complaining we need more players.

We lacked creativity in the final 3rd, too much passing, not enough crossing or shooting.
Thanks to Mancini for his stupid decisions.

Milner out !!!
Kolarov as an attacking option ??

NDJ for Barry to defend the 1-0 lead ?

Taking Milner out and keeping Barry was a comical decision.

Regarding who to bring ? I think we have a sqaud called Elite Development squad and this squad should have the players to step up in games like tonight.

I would rather have Suarez or Roman as an attacking midfielders instead of the useless Kolarov.

Chrisja1000 said:
Hopefully this game can put into perspective what a fool Ballotelli really is and we can never rely on him. There is no way that Dzeko would of started if Balotelli had been available. I don't make a habit of being negative about City players but Gareth Barry was awful tonight and lacked any kind of interest in the game.

Hows about aportioning blame to any of the 11 players who actually took to the pitch tonight rather than finding an excuse to have a dig at Balotelli? How can it be his fault that we put in such a gutless performance and had no plan B? Do you really think he would have made a difference tonight given those around him were so inept?

grumbar said:
jellert said:
Buy van Persie next season and sell Dzeko or Balotelli
Sell them both. Dzeko is just shit and Balotelli is not a team player with the way he picks up stupid cards.

I think that the refs lately are under the pay of OT. There have been numerous tackles against our players which have been far worse than Kompany's and they have not even been carded.

So is it his fault, or not?

ballinio said:
Seriously, the turning point in the game was another stonewall penalty not given , things like this decide the outcome. Walton is a cheat hand picked for this game, i`m just thinkig whats the point anymore, we`re being shafted out of all trophies, an absolute total stitch up.

How the fuck can Walton see if it hits the arm when the arm is by his side and obscured by his body?

Is he supposed to have fucking X-ray view surgically implanted? Or should he view the game through a fucking airport scanner or fucking what?

The ****** on Bluemoon are too fucking much sometimes. And that is a fucking understatement.

Glad to get that off my chest.

We were fucking shite today. Take it up the arse like a man.

And stop your fucking inane whining. Anyone with half a brain cell would understand Walton could not possibly have seen the ball hit the arm.

And furthermore, how the FUCK is a denied penalty a turning point, when we are already one goal down?

This is hardly a stellar fixture in the football calender, yet season after season sky televise this match and the home match. Walton has had the finger of suspicion pointed at him before, yet gets chosen to officiate this match again. I've said before that football matches are greatly affected by psychology. Maybe our players should have the collective strength of character to overcome this but when you see your team-mates getting carded for 1 foul and the other team getting away with reckless and cynical fouls, you start to feel that the writing's on the wall.
As much as it pains me to say it, I think we need a defensive beast alongside Kompany and he needs to be vocal. I'm not too downhearted. We're not quite there yet as a squad but we will be soon. Then Mancini will be in a position to choose the right personnel for whoever we play.

We didn't play that well, but we have won while playing bad before. Many said on here that was the show of a title winning team. But it doesn't help when the refs aren't competent. I'm not saying it's something against City, the league as a whole. Their goal shouldn't have even happened but the was no foul called on Dzeko. Two penalties not given. We should have put away the chances we had, but those calls don't help and are a big part of the reason we dropped points.

Some of my thoughts:

- Only 2-3 counter attacks with pace (we could've had 15+ good counters). No surprise as Yaya started most of our counters.

- Not enough shots. Not even long shots. Everton showed by at least testing the keeper, you can get a deflection. I was pulling my hair out asking to shoot!!

- To much space between our strikers and midfield. Without Yaya, none of our players have been able to connect midfield to the strikers with a forward run. We need penetrative runs.

- Not enough service to our strikers without them dropping deep.

- Not enough attempted through balls from Silva, Nasri, etc.

- Dzeko (speaks for himself)

- Did Aguero play? I remember one brilliant ball from Silva to Aguero. He brought it down wonderfully, took one touch (shoot have shot - open space), but decided to take another and sent it wide. He needs to be quicker (and better) in his decision making.

- Barry should not have turned his back on the Gibson shot. No bollocks. It was very similar to De Jong v. Welbeck in the FA Cup.

- Too much like Arsenal of last year. Example, Barry runs to the box, instead of at least attempting to rifle it and test Howard, he passes the ball sideways hoping someone else will pass the ball into the back of the net.

-OR when we actually TRIED to shoot, we took too long to think about the shot, and they easily blocked them.

- Referee bottled it. But if you play well enough, you forget the referee was even at the match!!

I think Mourinho will be a wanted man if he leaves Madrid.

He would walk the PL with this City squad. His Chelsea team took apart a very strong United team with Ronaldo in that team.

Mancini is starting to struggle against a shite United team. How can they be level on points with you. They will beat Chelsea as well. Chelsea are shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.