Everton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Badwool76 said:
bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:
No being funny here though mate but if the world ended tomorrow and there was list of English footballing honours put up YOU would be below US.
Now you can dress that up anyway you see fit. Call me what you like cause frankly it matters not and you know it.

You are living in the here and now football wise and I don't blame you because you're trophy cabinet hasn't exactly been bulging has it. You are trying to MAKE history......you see where we are going here don't you.

I hate to say it but I am starting to see why some United fans laugh at you

to be honest laughing is all ive done at your posts mate, you happy clinging to Rideout as we will go on to win cup after cup, History is just that and no one gives a shit, go and show Nike your history book and see if they want to give you a deal
You are clutching at straws and you know it. You would love it if no one cared but sadly for you everyone does care and that's what makes a club great.

dont tel me what i know mate I'm saying it how i feel, wouldn't trade places with you in a million years just cos you have won more in the past do you think im mad, ask anyone in the country in 20 years how city won the title last season and they will tel you in a heart beat, days like that are going to just keep coming and something im afraid you will only see again if a billionaire comes in for you or you get the VHS out

bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:
bluemc1 said:
to be honest laughing is all ive done at your posts mate, you happy clinging to Rideout as we will go on to win cup after cup, History is just that and no one gives a shit, go and show Nike your history book and see if they want to give you a deal
You are clutching at straws and you know it. You would love it if no one cared but sadly for you everyone does care and that's what makes a club great.

dont tel me what i know mate I'm saying it how i feel, wouldn't trade places with you in a million years just cos you have won more in the past do you think im mad, ask anyone in the country in 20 years how city won the title last season and they will tel you in a heart beat, days like that are going to just keep coming and something im afraid you will only see again if a billionaire comes in for you or you get the VHS out
VHS ?? super eight.

For all the seasons in the top flight efc have won 4 more domestic trophies than City.

bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:
bluemc1 said:

I have gone digital mate but I get you blood I get you innit

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 pm --

Wardie said:
For all the seasons in the top flight efc have won 4 more domestic trophies than City.
Who says mathematics is dead ?<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:58 pm --<br /><br />On a serious note though can we play every week ? Because if we could come to some sort of arrangement I think we bring our glory days back super quick. Sort of side steps having to find a billionaire

My word. 'Our seats are comfier than yours'. 'Our hotdogs taste better than yours'. How pathetic.

The fact is that Manchester City leapfrogged Everton and became the 'bigger' club following your recent investment. I've no problem with that, mainly because it's the truth, but also because Everton were once known as the Mersey Millionaires and did something similar.

I've stuck up for City against other Evertonians in the past (Attendances of 30,000+ when you were in division 3 prove that you're a proper club with a big fan base). Our revenues and attendances have been quite similar over the years as well. I was pleased when you won the league last season.

But the recent changes don't wipe out what went on before, and the truth of the matter is that you still have some way to go before you can say that you have become more successful than Everton Football Club.

Given your financial backing, you may well become more successful than Everton in the coming years, but you are going to have to win quite a few more trophies in order to so. And at the moment, Everton are the more successful club.

On a serious note though can we play every week ? Because if we could come to some sort of arrangement I think we bring our glory days back super quick. Sort of side steps having to find a billionaire

whilst you may be happy to play us every week , HISTORY!!!!! dictates that you will still fiinish second on Merseyside never mind the premier league !!!

Badwool76 said:
bluemc1 said:
Badwool76 said:

I have gone digital mate but I get you blood I get you innit

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:56 pm --

Wardie said:
Who says mathematics is dead ?

Bad*wool*

Now there's a surprise.

Anything East of Liverpool is apparently a *wool*.

Anything West of Manchester is.....(fil in as appropriate)

Don't let them kid you. They would love a billionaire/Sugar Daddy to buy out Kenwright and spend £1bill on their club, players, and the surrounding area.

-- Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 pm --

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Badwool76 said:
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Going to be blunt here mate, i don't exactly like Everton but only in a healthy manc/scouser banter way. Yes Everton have won than us but to say their bigger atm is just clutching at straws. While i'm not going to slag your club/manager/players off, you can't exactly sign the players we can sign, before your throw the money into it, you can't deny Dzeko, Aguero etc signed for ambition (this doesnt include Robinho or Tevez)

All fans have a pop at us and call us a small club with money because we were the ones who got took over. If you woke up tomorrw and it said SSN a middle eastern billionaire has bought Everton, you'll be doing rolly pollys down your street. If you look into Uniteds, Liverpools and Arsenals history you'll see that somewhere money was put into the clubs to make them better and its the only way to catch them up.

I personally don't think Everton will get top 4, but you never know and your fans do have a right to be optimistic seeing as you won this week and Spuds lost. And also it's not that we're deluded, some of us expect our players to win games, its frustrating being 15 points behind and being half the team we where last season but thats life and i just keep reminding myself of pre 2009. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and lets hope you finish above them red ***** from down the road at Anfield, their fans are deluded!

Oh and as for stadium atmospheres, most in England are shite compared to Germany, Turkey etc.
No being funny here though mate but if the world ended tomorrow and there was list of English footballing honours put up YOU would be below US.
Now you can dress that up anyway you see fit. Call me what you like cause frankly it matters not and you know it.

You are living in the here and now football wise and I don't blame you because you're trophy cabinet hasn't exactly been bulging has it. You are trying to MAKE history......you see where we are going here don't you.

I hate to say it but I am starting to see why some United fans laugh at you

I think you should take 5 minutes and re read as i said Everton HAVE won more than City. And your not exactly going to be signing the Neymars or the Falcao's are you? We are, not saying them 2 but we can sign pretty much anyone bar a select few such as Messi etc, where as Everton can't.

I'm not having a go at you mate i'm trying to be reasonable, you did ignore me when i said you'd be doing rolly pollys up and down your street if Everton got took over. I've always looked back at City's history as i think all fans should know their clubs history but i've always been about the here and now. Now we've been beaten off you i'm just looking to Newcastle at home where as some fans such as Everton's will boast about doing this and that 20 before they were born.

If your just gonna start with the boring small club jibes go for it, just remember who's going to finish where this season and who could have the cups.
Manchester City are not a small club. Even before you were taken over. No question you are one of English footballs

Thanks, we're only looked at as a small club by the media because we live next door to them lot, Everton fans should really know how it feels. If you know English football you know Everton are a big club, if your some daft glory hunter from Asia then you'll only see Everton as Liverpool's 2nd rivals, thats how football is in the media.

City and Everton fans always want to get one over each other as we're both cities with known rivalry that dates back to about 100 years ago. Man City vs Everton might not be the stand out fixture in the calendar but i can guarantee both sets of fans look towards this fixture, i know i do, dunno about yourself.

jabbola said:
My word. 'Our seats are comfier than yours'. 'Our hotdogs taste better than yours'. How pathetic.

The fact is that Manchester City leapfrogged Everton and became the 'bigger' club following your recent investment. I've no problem with that, mainly because it's the truth, but also because Everton were once known as the Mersey Millionaires and did something similar.

I've stuck up for City against other Evertonians in the past (Attendances of 30,000+ when you were in division 3 prove that you're a proper club with a big fan base). Our revenues and attendances have been quite similar over the years as well. I was pleased when you won the league last season.

But the recent changes don't wipe out what went on before, and the truth of the matter is that you still have some way to go before you can say that you have become more successful than Everton Football Club.

Given your financial backing, you may well become more successful than Everton in the coming years, but you are going to have to win quite a few more trophies in order to so. And at the moment, Everton are the more successful club.

fair shout that jabbola. But please... "my word"? Horrific image association!

Ray-Wilkins-007.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.