Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Great performance today against a good Everton side that caused a few problems.

Once again, the whole team played their part and though I made VK MotM, I couldn't argue with giving it to Merlin.

Three wins, eight goals, none conceded and seven different scorers.

Keep it up, City.

Might be a strange statement given our defensive record but I think if do have a weak point it's Hart and he admitted it himself today. He flapped at a couple and left his side of the goal for the free kick. Not having a go at him as such, just on another day those decisions may have cost us.
Don't really agree. Our only weak point is central midfield and the spaces we afford the opposition, especially after Fernandinho gets his weekly yellow card.

You can see why City wanted him so badly. He has every physical and technical attribute you'd want in a centre half. His decision making can be questionable and he seemed rash at times last season, but in the main so far this season he's looked excellent. And in Costa and Lukaku he's come up against two of the best in the league.

Together with Usain Bolt 4 City players are trending on Twitter at this moment following our fantastic contribution to sport today.

#GoodCompany
#HappyBlue

Got nervy at times but a win at Everton is always a fantastic result! Merlin magical, vinny a man mountain, mangala top drawer and kolarov again brilliant!

Don't really agree. Our only weak point is central midfield and the spaces we afford the opposition, especially after Fernandinho gets his weekly yellow card.

Harshly booked today though. And Barry did an elbow on Sagna very similar to Ferns v Costa and nothing was made of it. The ref didn't even stop play despite it being a head injury.

Anyway I wouldn't say our midfield has been bossed in any game this season. If we left spaces behind, Hazard and Barkley are two of the best at exploiting it and I'm not sure that happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.