Everton vs City - Post Match Thread

Wonderful result. I thought Everton were excellent today and gave our back four a real hard time. They passed the ball well in midfield and at times found it easy to run off the back of Toure and Dinho, especially after he was booked. McCarthy and Barkley both showed moments of real quality.

But we were just a class above. We weren't as aggressive and our tempo wasn't as good as it had been against Chelsea and West Brom but still Silva, Kun, Sterling, and Navas gave them a torrid time. On another day we'd probably have scored four or five goals easy.

Another clean sheet for the defence which bodes well. It's hard not to be impressed with the form of all four and three of them have been pretty widely maligned at some point in the last 12 months. Joe had a hairy moment and Manga got sucked out a little too far a couple of times but otherwise we were pretty flawless as a defensive unit.

Big call by Pellegrini to take Sterling off and I reckon a few people will have questioned it. For me Coleman was beginning to get a bit of joy out of him and he looked tired, so Nasri was the logical option because he's excellent at keeping the ball and gives Everton a different kind of problem. It paid off and you could tell by Pellegrini's celebration how pleased he was.
Good report there Billy. Especially about Manga - was drawn out sometimes and left a "hole" - but Vinny covered and our fullbacks are playing out of their skin.
Manga did more good things than bad.

If KDB signs he goes on the bench. Navas has his faults but he contributes a hell of a lot and Pellegrini has full confidence in him. There's no way he would disturb a team with a 100% record. KDB, like Otamendi, to be eased in gradually.

Navas is a changed man.

He isn't a world-beater, he isn't on the same level as our other attackers, but he has played extremely well so far.

Well done, Jesus.

I only managed to listen to the 5Live commentary. They seemed impressed with Stones but Sky only gave him a 5 - was this fair or just BS as per Mangala's mark?

Well done to the whole team.... Mangala and Kompany quality today! Navas is so underrated. Brilliant Boys another 3 points! If we do add De Bruyne imagine how strong our bench will look too. HAPPY DAYS!!!!

Game was won for us in our wide areas in my opinion and should have had a couple of goals before half time. Mangala and Kompany played excellently and although the defending at times looked a little desperate they were both reading the game really one. One instance in the 2nd half especially showed Mangala's reading of the game is really improving. He got turned (I think by lukaku) but then took up a great position to then intercept the pass. Everton are a good team and you could see that by how our centre mids found it difficult to get into the game in the first half. Silva improved a lot 2nd half and Yaya's pass to Nasri was outstanding (cute finish to) but our best attacking was all from wide areas which is a nice balance to our game we lacked last year really.

Excellent today. This is the most organised I think I've ever seen City!!
We have a GK and an entire back 4 who seem totally focused on not conceding, we have Yaya who is dictating the game 10 yards deeper than in previous years and it is clear in our new system he is told to be more disciplined. Then we have 2 rapid wingers that are tracking runners and likewise causing so much threat on the counter.
We have the best forward in the league and finally we have Silva, who in this number 10 role, is blatantly just taking the piss!

Hopefully we can wrap up De-Bruyne this week and he can keep Otamendi company on the bench!

Make no mistake that was a really tough game today and Everton were extremely dangerous opposition that will take points off the top teams at Goodison. We look up for it, we look organised, and our formation and tactics are spot on. We could be on the verge of something special here. Exciting times ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.