Everton vs. City - Saturday 10th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feed the Elk said:
Phil Thompson is an idiot - apparently Negredo left because we didn't need him, and he wasn't getting game time either.

FFS

I find Thompson fairly harmless, he's been quite complimentary recently - Unlike that idiot Charlie Nicholas whose vitriolic attacks on us are beyond belief. To say we don't need another striker as he will not get games is such a silly, ill-informed comment. Remember Mr Nicholas we have just had to play a wide midfielder as a false number nine for half a dozen games. And, have spent less than most think - Oh, and to state we have only just got our finances in order so we are stupid to spend £30million is yet another example of you letting your dislike for us get in the way of the truth. Horrible little man, you make Merson look like a sage.

Academica said:
Silva_Spell said:
Confidence levels deminished

Why?

No Milner and Dzeko on the bench I assume.

As soon as one of our players who would normally be on the bench for a game like this namely Milner who played more minutes than any other midfielder in the Christmas new year period is rested or has a knock some of us lose confidence.

At least Everton don't have Distin , Osman and Gibson who always have their cup final against us so lets look at the positives.

ManCityX said:
borassic said:
Strange one. City tweeted just before the teams were announced that it as only yaya who was unavailable today. Got a bad feeling about today, hope I'm wrong.

Dzeko missing as well.

Under the radar - Dzeko off to the Bundersliga soon "" My guess - off the wall.

Didsbury Dave said:
Might have a problem up front with that line up. We were much better as soon as jovetic went wide last week

Agreed. Jovetic is good but he's just not a striker who plays all alone upfront. Milner proved to be an actually better striker...

Interesting that he's missing. Starting to get more and more concerned about his contract situation.

I know it's a minor gripe, but it always seems like a waste to have two fullbacks on the bench. I'd rather have another gamechanger

Silva_Spell said:
Academica said:
Silva_Spell said:
Confidence levels deminished

Why?

No Kompany, Milner or Dzeko. All 3 were decisive there last year

Also doesn't take much for my pre match confidence to disappear!

Know what you mean I was totally confident up to an hour ago, not now, nothing to do with team just my head.

Just got in - Is there any damage to the stand? at Goodison.?. didn't quite hear something on radio.

I like the team and fancy it to get all three points, however the lack of centre midfield cover is worrying. Where is Milner, is he injured? Lampard starting as one of the two central midfielders against Arsenal or Chelsea would be abit of a disaster in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.