Everton vs. City - Saturday 10th January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City vs. Everton Saturday 10th January

Wreckless Alec said:
mancity1 said:
Disitn is out for the match on Saturday as well so at least we don't have to worry about the old player curse for this game.

Gareth Barry to score a 30 yard screamer ?

He doesn't seem to venture that far forward anymore.

I am expecting Everton's game of the season on Saturday which will inevitably set them off on a run.

I absolutely hate playing away at Goodison, you can be in your best form and Everton could be on a 6 month losing streak yet they still win, it's a nightmare of a place to go!

Milner has to play after scoring at the weekend and no doubt Silva an Nasri will play with them being rested for 60 mins at weekend, that leaves Navas or Jovetic and for me it's Navas with Milner up top!

Sergio Aguero could be back in action for Manchester City on Saturday.

And, in a triple boost for the Blues, Vincent Kompany and Edin Dzeko are also lined up for a return to action at Everton as they head into a crucial phase of the title race.

Aguero returned to outdoor training this week, and will have been out of action for five weeks by the time the squad heads to Goodison Park.

The Argentine ace, who still heads the Premier League goalscoring charts despite his absence, urged caution in a tweet he put out on Monday.

He said: “I wanted you to know I’ve already started field work. Slowly but surely I’ll be back at the right moment. Thanks for the wishes!”

But M.E.N. Sport understands Aguero is progressing well, and – as long as he continues to improve – is pencilled in for a place on the bench at Everton, at least a week ahead of schedule.

It would be ironic if he does make his comeback against the Toffees, as he sustained his medial collateral ligament injury in City’s 1-0 win over the Merseysiders at the Etihad Stadium last month.

At the time, manager Manuel Pellegrini predicted the injury would take from four to six weeks, or possibly eight weeks, putting Aguero’s participation in crunch games against Arsenal at home on January 18, and Chelsea away on January 31, at risk.

But Aguero has responded well to treatment, the injury was a low-grade one, and he should be back in full training by the end of this week.

Kompany is also fit again after suffering with calf and hamstring problems. At a push he could have played in the FA Cup third round win over Sheffield Wednesday at the weekend but was not risked with so many big games coming up.

Dzeko sparked a striker crisis when he pulled up with a calf problem in the warm-up at Leicester, a week after Aguero’s injury – and he is also close to a comeback.

That means City are close to having the full complement of three senior strikers back, along with the possible addition of Wilfried Bony from Swansea.

sam-caddick said:
I am expecting Everton's game of the season on Saturday which will inevitably set them off on a run.

I absolutely hate playing away at Goodison, you can be in your best form and Everton could be on a 6 month losing streak yet they still win, it's a nightmare of a place to go!

Milner has to play after scoring at the weekend and no doubt Silva an Nasri will play with them being rested for 60 mins at weekend, that leaves Navas or Jovetic and for me it's Navas with Milner up top!

Beat them last season and they are playing a lot worse now than then.

Beaten on their patch 3 times this season and only won 3 times so we have nothing to fear as such.

Mind you we are struggling a bit to hit peak form currently notwithstanding we are missing Kun and VK.

Aguero on the bench according to the MEN

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aguero-set-make-man-city-8394482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-8394482</a>

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
Len Rum said:
No need to exaggerate , forecast 30 mph in Dipperland on Saturday. That's high ,but it's not the 90mph you've quoted.
One figure is sustained winds, the other is gusts.

Exactly. Similar conditions to those that caused City v Sunderland & Everton v Palace to be postponed last Feb.
Correct and thanks for the clarification.
If those figures for wind speeds are realised on Saturday, the game could easily be called off.

Yup definitely don't start Aguero until he's fully recovered. Remember what happened last time? I would start Jovetic or Dzeko if fit and definitely both Nasri and Silva.

I don't think Kun will play against Everton, unless we are in trouble. Whichi can't see.
He will be sat on the bench, as a little frightener for Whinger and Maureen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.