evertons new kit

jimharri said:
sponge said:
yip think its pish myself.
mcfc78 said:
is quality... looks like we will have competition in the kit stakes... think its from the 85-86 campaign?
Still not learned how to quote properly, I see. Time to get yourself off to bed; school in the morning!
Is this another 1 to piss u off or have i fluked 1...if at least 1 ballbeg wud tell me wat im doing wrong i cud cure these needless quotes...

Well; at least you got the quoting right now (underneath what you're replying to, not on top of it!). Now for your spelling and that god awful text speak!!

shite.png

jimharri said:
We used that design years before Palace started using it. I've never understood how Palace ended up using our kit.

Malcolm Allison designed it, apparently, just as he did the classic red and black striped away kit. He had a thing about kits, and the intention behind that one with the sash was to give a continental look, apparently.

We first used it in 1972/3 - when we also had the mirror image navy kit as a third kit - and the white kit had a blue and red sash across the shirt, white shorts and blue socks with a red top.

He changed the kit twice at Palace - first to blue and red stripes, then in 1976, just before he left the club, to the one we'd worn earlier in the seventies. Meanwhile, we started using it again in 1976, but with a slightly different design. Between 1976 and 1979, we then had a version with a black and red sash, black Umbro trim down the sleeves and black shorts and socks - black and red being viewed as being more appropriate than dark blue because they were our away colours for most of the late sixties and seventies.

Anyway, you're right and DSOB's claim that we nicked Palace's kit isn't. It's a classic City design, which we've returned to occasionally over the years (2002/3, for instance), and Big Mal also took it with him to Palace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.