Every goal scored for City by Shaun Wright-Phillips

I watched this knowing there would be the running down the line one against Utd. Never forget that. What a goal. Legend.
Still one of my favourite ever City goals at COMS/Etihad Stadium over the last 20 years!
We have scored more important goals against the rags( especially as this particular game was comfortably won by then) but there was some noise and celebrations when this beauty hit the back of the net.

Top player for us. Better than Kinkladze, especially as an all-round consistent player and scored more goals.

The season just before he left Chelsea was so good considering the state of our team.
We weren’t that bad that season.

We had David James in net who was class for us and England’s #1
IMG_3793.jpeg

Finished 8th, just 9 points off the Top4 and had the lowest goals conceded outside the top 3.

I was there for the first one. A client sponsored the match ball at Millwall and he got me a couple of tickets.
We were front row in the upper family stand and when SWP scored we both turned to each other and quietly said 'thats his first City goal'
I also remember Huckerby scoring and saluting an empty stand.
Incidentally, never heard such foul mouthed racist abuse directed at our players particularly SWP, the Goat and Ali B. And this from a so called family stand.
Vile club, glad they didnt make the playoffs this year.
Listened to that on the wireless and you could hear the abuse. Was so pleased when SWP banged one in.

I was there for the first one. A client sponsored the match ball at Millwall and he got me a couple of tickets.
We were front row in the upper family stand and when SWP scored we both turned to each other and quietly said 'thats his first City goal'
I also remember Huckerby scoring and saluting an empty stand.
Incidentally, never heard such foul mouthed racist abuse directed at our players particularly SWP, the Goat and Ali B. And this from a so called family stand.
Vile club, glad they didnt make the playoffs this year.
was sat in their Main stand, my mate had a contact who lived in Beckenham who managed to get him 2 tickets, we were at Grimsby the Saturday before he asked me what I was doing for Millwall , I told him I had ticket to watch on big screen at Maine Road, he asked me did I fancy going Millwall , similar experience to yourself hearing the abuse directed at our players, remember a guy sat behind us smartly dressed in a suit obviously worked in the city saying to his mate "wankers these Man City fans , if they had have been able to bring their 2000 fans then we would have had another 4000 turn out to beat the shit out of them", horrible club but that was some statement City made that night.

Little bugger cost me a couple of hundred quid with the rag goal, I’d gone 3-1 and off he went and scored a beauty. Never celebrated losing money like I did that day. Class player and love it that he still fights out corner against his Gooner Dad.

Little bugger cost me a couple of hundred quid with the rag goal, I’d gone 3-1 and off he went and scored a beauty. Never celebrated losing money like I did that day. Class player and love it that he still fights out corner against his Gooner Dad.
That 'little bugger' won me over 100 quid at Portsmouth. Can't remember the year but he had abuse playing for England so I backed him to score first in our next game down at pompey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.