Every premier league game this weekend to play French national anthem

Listen to yourselves

You didn't play ours so we aren't playing yours.
Nar Nar na nar nar

Well it should be over now. We paid out respects at the the England game so it's uncessary for it to carry on.

Agree with both of you.

The England game was our show of solidarity and further displays are a bit over the top even if it won't do any harm. On the other hand, saying "they didn't play ours so we shouldn't play theirs" is pretty fucking petty.

Lead by example, don't follow a poor one.

The tributes on Tuesday were very moving and, although perhaps extensive, they were appropriate with France being the opposition and it being so soon after the events.

Anything other than the traditional minute's silence and black armband is over the top now, and I don't think Tuesday's will be bettered in terms of poignance or symbolism.

Sadly its indicative of the modern era, with everyone trying to outcompete each other. Either that or Scudamore has commercial considerations in mind, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say thats not the reason.

Not surprising that were having this shoved down our throats. After all, whoever has been wanting another offensive in the middle east will certainly want the masses on side. With how fickle we are on matters of politics, they need to shove it down our throats as far as possible.

Overkill so we can overkill haha

yeah its OTT, but in the grand scheme of things, whats it matter?

French have had a horrid time and its about time people see us Brits differently to the yobs they see on holiday.

In the grand scheme of things, does it mean we now have to play the anthem of every country involved in such a tragedy? I look forward to being educated on the anthems of the various countries affected in the Middle East and Africa (yeah right).

As for your second point, I can't even begin to get my head around that reasoning.

Just been announced that all 20 Premier League clubs will perform the Haka in memory of Jonah Lomu after the French national anthem is completed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.