Every premier league game this weekend to play French national anthem

Bit controversial but maybe too much?

What happens if Germans or Russians get killed in a terrorist attack - are we going to play their anthem probably not?
200 plus Russians were killed in a terrorist bomb plot on a passenger plane,100 plus Turkish deaths in another terrorist act,it seems some deaths are more worthy of our remembrance and solidarity than others.

200 plus Russians were killed in a terrorist bomb plot on a passenger plane,100 plus Turkish deaths in another terrorist act,it seems some deaths are more worthy of our remembrance and solidarity than others.

Or just closer to home and therefore easier to relate to. Let's face it, you're going to be more bothered about a bomb going off on your street than a bomb going off in Shanghai aren't you?

Doesn't particularly bother me as long as we don't then have a silence. That would be too much. Isn't there more
Clapping in the first half too. I clap for the sake of clapping nowadays. To be honest I haven't got a clue half the time what I'm clapping for.

Or just closer to home and therefore easier to relate to. Let's face it, you're going to be more bothered about a bomb going off on your street than a bomb going off in Shanghai aren't you?

This close to home bit is a bit of a myth. It's more like close to our way of living. 9/11 was nowhere near home yet that was felt pretty badly.

150 university students in Africa doesn't make the news for more than a day because no one (leaders) really gives a shit what happens in Africa.

What a strange analogy saying Shanghai or my street,a Russian or Turkish death is just as deplorable as a French death in my eyes,What about being massacred in Tunisa is that ok cause it's a distance away?

It may be a bit much but it does no harm and if even a handfull of people in France appreciate it then fair enough. It is just 2 minutes and tbh i don't mind as i'm out at a gig this weekend with it in the back off my mind that thats all those 129 people were doing too. Viva la France i say.

Last edited:
It's more like close to our way of living.

I was speaking metaphorically and literally :)

What a strange analogy saying Shanghai or my street,a Russian or Turkish death is just as deplorable as a French death in my eyes,What about being massacred in Tunisa is that ok cause it's a distance away?

I never said it was OK, just that it's less keenly felt. Which is true. It's not a good thing in my eyes, but it's true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.