Everyone ready for the new season ?

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Cant believe the new season starts next week. Charity shield today, bloody hell give me a chance to enjoy the treble lol.

I didnt realise the charity shield was today till I read the thread. I'm not in football mode at the minute !.

Havent had my treble tattoo yet and it's the new season lol.

Think its time that football takes a look at the amount games. Needless international matches, to many games against pub teams ( makes southgate look good ). CL adding more rounds. Think when the rags did the treble there was only 5 rounds in the CL.

Everyone else not ready ?

From what pep's said. The players aren't ready for it.
I can’t remember the last time the players seemed ready for the start of a season.

I couldn’t think of a worse way to prepare sportsmen for a season than these tours that football clubs do. I reckon many clubs spend more time on planes than they do training.

It’s no wonder so many players across the sport get so many injuries. Football pre-seasons are close to being unprofessional and are easily inept in the way these athletes are prepared.

Transfer Windows ending after seasons get underway is a very poor way to run the sport n’all.

No
With the season finishing 2 weeks later than normal, it feels as though Istanbul was last week. I haven't taken any interest in the friendlies while spending time away with wife & daughters in Devon.
It could also be that this is the 1st full season my lad won't be going as he's working weekends

I can’t remember the last time the players seemed ready for the start of a season.

I couldn’t think of a worse way to prepare sportsmen for a season than these tours that football clubs do. I reckon many clubs spend more time on planes than they do training.

It’s no wonder so many players across the sport get so many injuries. Football pre-seasons are close to being unprofessional and are easily inept in the way these athletes are prepared.
Money (£32MILLION + Expenses) and Marketing exposure for the brand.

Just observe the attendances at the games and the number of fans in City shirts.

The airport welcomes etc make for fantastic media propaganda and exposure for our sponsors.

If you drink with the devil, use a long spoon ...or
If you sleep dogs you’ll catch fleas.

Transfer Windows ending after seasons get underway is a very poor way to run the sport n’all.
Agreed. It's all about the money and increasing the world wide fan base.

Money (£32MILLION + Expenses) and Marketing exposure for the brand.

Just observe the attendances at the games and the number of fans in City shirts.

The airport welcomes etc make for fantastic media propaganda and exposure for our sponsors.

If you drink with the devil, use a long spoon ...or
If you sleep dogs you’ll catch fleas.
I’m not talking about City, I’m talking about the sport as a whole.

The way these athletes are used to be paraded around the world for a bit of cash and follows on social media is pretty much sports-science/physiologically unprofessional.

Although, specifically on City; media propaganda, a bit of extra money and long-haul flights will have done nothing for Kevin de Bruyne’s hamstring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.