Everyone ready for the new season ?

I think we will be thereabouts in all comps as we always are but it’s a big ask repeating anything like what we did last season. I think we will win one trophy this season and it will be either the league or the CL and I would be very happy with either of those. I think if we lose Walker and Bernado though it will be difficult so hopefully we won’t.

Time will tell.
The thing is with last season, we were poor either side of the World Cup, we would’ve won nowt if we’d carried on like that.

We only really stumbled upon the form and formation that took us to three trophies from February onwards after the Cancelo bust-up and realising BSilva isn’t a left back. There are some teams we’ve not even played yet with the formation and tactics we used to end the season.

I think we can take a step up again this season by perfecting this new way of playing, with Håland and Álvarez really settling in in their second season and a reinvigorated [more trusted in centre mid] Foden.

I am but I have concerns about the 1st few games, the newcastle game after the super cup will be a difficult game.
Will the players also have the motivation to go fully again? What's a good season now?
I really don't know.

I can’t remember the last time the players seemed ready for the start of a season.

I couldn’t think of a worse way to prepare sportsmen for a season than these tours that football clubs do. I reckon many clubs spend more time on planes than they do training.

It’s no wonder so many players across the sport get so many injuries. Football pre-seasons are close to being unprofessional and are easily inept in the way these athletes are prepared.

Transfer Windows ending after seasons get underway is a very poor way to run the sport n’all.
Yup the fact that Saudi transfer window is till open after our season starts is deeply alarming

Really not arsed about today's game, but by next Friday I'll be ready again. Like others have said it's been far too short a gap from the end of last season and those shitty international matches just topped it off

Could do with another couple of weeks before it all starts again, to be honest, as I’m still taking in and enjoying the end of last season.

The late finish in June has disrupted the usual routine of a complete break from football for five or six weeks - to do other stuff, watch a bit of cricket and go on holiday - before the release of the fixtures, a few signings and the preseason gradually builds you up for the kick off.

Just doesn’t feel like we’re about to start again today.

Get today out of the way then the serious stuff starts . We are always slow starters at the beginning of the season and this season will be no different and a really tough away game at Burnley who were back in training when our lads were just about to go on a summers piss up !

I’m not talking about City, I’m talking about the sport as a whole.

The way these athletes are used to be paraded around the world for a bit of cash and follows on social media is pretty much sports-science/physiologically unprofessional.

Although, specifically on City; media propaganda, a bit of extra money and long-haul flights will have done nothing for Kevin de Bruyne’s hamstring.
Pretty sure they’re not flying cattle class ;)

Why not?

All we’ve done is won three trophies in one season and finally won our first CL in a nervy/edgy performance.

This season, there is a chance to win a fourth league title in a row, something nobody has ever done. There are seven trophies on offer and we could make last season look like just an okay season. Plus now we have the CL monkey off our backs, I reckon if we get to a final again (especially with it being at Wembley), we’ll be much more relaxed and will be more likely to win.

I reckon the players will be more confident to achieve after last season.

Just out of interest, I’ve looked at clubs who’ve won a treble+ and how they did the season after:

Celtic, quadruple 1966-67
Won the league for the next seven seasons

Ajax, treble 1971-72
Next season: won the league and European Cup double

Liverpool, treble 1983-84
Next season: 2nd in the league, lost in European Cup final

PSV, treble 1987-88
Next season: won the league and cup double

United, treble 1998-99
Won the league for the next two seasons

Barça, treble 2008-09
Won the league for the next two seasons

Inter, treble 2009-10
Next season: won the Coppa, finished 2nd in the league

Bayern, treble 2012-13

Barça, treble 2014-15

Bayern, treble 2019-20
Won the league for the next three seasons

I know they’re all different eras and different leagues but it didn’t stop any of them challenging for honours again the next season, with 8/10 winning the league again. With winners, they very rarely let their hunger wane.

Let’s be the first club since Ajax, and only the second ever, to retain the league and CL after winning a treble! The motivation should be there for the players.
Great post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.