Ex-City Players You Have Rose-Tinted Glasses For

Sticker 268: Paul Walsh (Star Player) - Merlin English Premier League  1994-1995 - laststicker.com

Never understood why he was given so much stick. It’s a sad and quite angry memory of mine being in the Kippax hearing grown men boo him.

I see him now and then. Hes aging like a champion, something I’d say those wankers who boo’d him most likely aren’t.

Made of steel that fella.
The abuse that lad got brought shame on our club, it was a fucking disgrace and to one of our own.

I got to know Edgehill well after he had his cruciate knee injury, you could not wish to meet a more decent human being.

Never understood why he was given so much stick. It’s a sad and quite angry memory of mine being in the Kippax hearing grown men boo him.

I see him now and then. Hes aging like a champion, something I’d say those wankers who boo’d him most likely aren’t.

Made of steel that fella.
Bloody hell I got into a few arguments on the Kippax with some of our so called fans booing him..told them to fuck off as Edgey was a decent player..
I was made up when he scored at Wembley v Gillingham..

The abuse that lad got brought shame on our club, it was a fucking disgrace and to one of our own.

I got to know Edgehill well after he had his cruciate knee injury, you could not wish to meet a more decent human being.
Some ex players books are quite tedious to get through but his autobiography is a very good read. He certainly comes across very well and clearly has a very strong bond with the club. Like many ,I can't be doing with all the badge kissing nonsense most of the time, however when he stuck that penalty away in the shoot out against Gillingham it did seem genuine. He may not be in the Zabaleta or Walker bracket when it comes to right backs but he always gave his all and was unfairly targeted by some City fans (that Coventry match at Maine Road especially was really shit in my opinion!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.