Ex City Youth Players

Do you understand that a coach's(es') decision(s) is not the thing to measure a player with? Otherwise Demichelis would've gone for 50m as "a starter for Man City in their trophey seasons"
So what would you measure Lopes on? His looks? Bit tough to asses a players progress when he doesn't even get on the pitch. If he's not playing in Ligue 1, we're not going to be buying him back by the end of next season, so the price we've negotiated doesn't really matter.

So what would you measure Lopes on? His looks? Bit tough to asses a players progress when he doesn't even get on the pitch. If he's not playing in Ligue 1, we're not going to be buying him back by the end of next season, so the price we've negotiated doesn't really matter.
I judge him by his performances for City and Lille. We wouldn't buy him back at the end of thsi seasonm but who knows what will happen in a year and a half. He can become outtanding so top-clubs would line up for our academy graduate again.

I was looking through the squads for Euro 2016 and I reckon there are five City academy graduates playing in the tournament: Glenn Whelan (RoI); Fredi Veseli (Albani); Robert Mak and Vladi Weiss (Slovakia): and John Guidetti (Sweden) - also Dedryck Boyata was in the Belgium squad till he got injured and Emyr Huws should have been in the Wales squad. That's pretty impressive and shows players they can have a high level career even if they don't make it at City.

I was looking through the squads for Euro 2016 and I reckon there are five City academy graduates playing in the tournament: Glenn Whelan (RoI); Fredi Veseli (Albani); Robert Mak and Vladi Weiss (Slovakia): and John Guidetti (Sweden) - also Dedryck Boyata was in the Belgium squad till he got injured and Emyr Huws should have been in the Wales squad. That's pretty impressive and shows players they can have a high level career even if they don't make it at City.
Sturridge, Hennessey, Neil Taylor (Wal) and Westwood (Irl) are going to Euro as well. Only the 1st and the last one are graduates, but since we're talking about our ex youth playes in general here, I think it's ok.

Sturridge, Hennessey, Neil Taylor (Wal) and Westwood (Irl) are going to Euro as well. Only the 1st and the last one are graduates, but since we're talking about our ex youth playes in general here, I think it's ok.
Thanks for filling out the list. Didn't realise Hennessey had been a trainee for us.

I just saw that Denis Suarez is heading back to Barca as they exercised their buy back clause
Maybe: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/barcelona-...s-before-completing-denis-suarez-deal-1563968

Their buy back clause looks to be for less than they got for him the first time around. Something smells in this transfer as I still don't think he'll get near Barca's 1st team, he's supposedly insisting on playing time clauses and more money than they're offering so he appears to be wary of it too.

Not exactly prolific for Villareal either despite any plaudits he gets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.