Ex City Youth Players

Both no.

Pearce gave Hart his debut but Hart never set foot in the academy, joined the first team and already had over 50 senior appearances at Shrewsbury.

Brahim Díaz made his debut in an EFL cup tie vs Swansea in 2016/17.
What about Leon Mike and N’Golo Kante ;-)

What about Leon Mike and N’Golo Kante ;-)
Okay, can someone genuinely fill me in on the Kante thing? I've seen it so many times over the years and did for a while believe he'd genuinely been through our academy as a teenager... obviously I know these days he never was.

Pep Guardiola has now given debuts to 30 academy graduates, the most of any manager (at least since the restructuring of academy football in the late 90s):

Pablo Maffeo
Brahim Díaz
Phil Foden
Lukas Nmecha

Tom Dele-Bashiru
Claudio Gomes
Arijanet Muric
Adrián Bernabé
Eric García
Ian Poveda
Felix Nmecha

Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Liam Delap
Cole Palmer
Samuel Edozie
Ben Knight
CJ Egan-Riley
Luke Mbete
Finley Burns
Josh Wilson-Esbrand
Roméo Lavia
James McAtee
Rico Lewis
Shea Charles
Oscar Bobb

Micah Hamilton
Mahamadou Susoho
Jacob Wright
Nico O'Reilly

(the 12 players in bold have international caps)

For context, previous managers:

Manuel Pellegrini: 12 (Emyr Huws, José Pozo, Kelechi Iheanacho, Manu García, George Evans, Bersant Celina, Angeliño, Cameron Humphreys, David Faupala, Aleix García, Tosin Adarabioyo, Brandon Barker)

Roberto Mancini: 16 (Dedryck Boyata, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Greg Cunningham, Alex Nimely, Ben Mee, John Guidetti, Javan Vidal, Chris Chantler, Abdul Razak, Ryan McGivern, Reece Wabara, Karim Rekik, Luca Scapuzzi, Denis Suárez, Jérémy Hélan, Marcos Lopes)

Mark Hughes: 1 (Vladimír Weiss)

Sven-Göran Eriksson: 5 (Kasper Schmeichel, Shaleum Logan, Kelvin Etuhu, Ched Evans, Sam Williamson)

Stuart Pearce: 5 (Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards, Ishmael Miller, Michael Johnson, Daniel Sturridge)

Kevin Keegan: 14 (Chris Shuker, Dickson Etuhu, Leon Mike, Chris Killen, Tyrone Mears, Joey Barton, Stephen Jordan, Willo Flood, Glenn Whelan, Stephen Elliott, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Jonathan D'Laryea, Lee Croft)
Superb work

Pep Guardiola has now given debuts to 30 academy graduates, the most of any manager (at least since the restructuring of academy football in the late 90s):

Pablo Maffeo
Brahim Díaz
Phil Foden
Lukas Nmecha

Tom Dele-Bashiru
Claudio Gomes
Arijanet Muric
Adrián Bernabé
Eric García
Ian Poveda
Felix Nmecha

Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Tommy Doyle
Liam Delap
Cole Palmer
Samuel Edozie
Ben Knight
CJ Egan-Riley
Luke Mbete
Finley Burns
Josh Wilson-Esbrand
Roméo Lavia
James McAtee
Rico Lewis
Shea Charles
Oscar Bobb

Micah Hamilton
Mahamadou Susoho
Jacob Wright
Nico O'Reilly

(the 12 players in bold have international caps)

For context, previous managers:

Manuel Pellegrini: 12 (Emyr Huws, José Pozo, Kelechi Iheanacho, Manu García, George Evans, Bersant Celina, Angeliño, Cameron Humphreys, David Faupala, Aleix García, Tosin Adarabioyo, Brandon Barker)

Roberto Mancini: 16 (Dedryck Boyata, Abdisalam Ibrahim, Greg Cunningham, Alex Nimely, Ben Mee, John Guidetti, Javan Vidal, Chris Chantler, Abdul Razak, Ryan McGivern, Reece Wabara, Karim Rekik, Luca Scapuzzi, Denis Suárez, Jérémy Hélan, Marcos Lopes)

Mark Hughes: 1 (Vladimír Weiss)

Sven-Göran Eriksson: 5 (Kasper Schmeichel, Shaleum Logan, Kelvin Etuhu, Ched Evans, Sam Williamson)

Stuart Pearce: 5 (Stephen Ireland, Micah Richards, Ishmael Miller, Michael Johnson, Daniel Sturridge)

Kevin Keegan: 14 (Chris Shuker, Dickson Etuhu, Leon Mike, Chris Killen, Tyrone Mears, Joey Barton, Stephen Jordan, Willo Flood, Glenn Whelan, Stephen Elliott, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Nedum Onuoha, Jonathan D'Laryea, Lee Croft)
Bernabe seems to be doing well out there in Parma. 14 goals in 80 games for a midfielder isn't too bad

Okay, can someone genuinely fill me in on the Kante thing? I've seen it so many times over the years and did for a while believe he'd genuinely been through our academy as a teenager... obviously I know these days he never was.
I seem to remember his name was been quoted as having played for us previously in his younger days (maybe he did on the guys FIFA). I remember at the time wondering if it was one of our more recent fans (easily done as we all used to support the chavs) and they probably resided outside the UK, but it could equally have been some FOC in a home in Ancoats (you know who you are). Anyway it grew legs and then people were saying 'bring him home' and it became a thing.

Anyway that's how I remember it. Must go as Matron is here with the meds. East Manchester is lovely in the rain, isn't it?

I seem to remember his name was been quoted as having played for us previously in his younger days (maybe he did on the guys FIFA). I remember at the time wondering if it was one of our more recent fans (easily done as we all used to support the chavs) and they probably resided outside the UK, but it could equally have been some FOC in a home in Ancoats (you know who you are). Anyway it grew legs and then people were saying 'bring him home' and it became a thing.

Anyway that's how I remember it. Must go as Matron is here with the meds. East Manchester is lovely in the rain, isn't it?
I thought there was a rumour that we had scouted him as a youth player and given him a trial. But the rumour came out well after he had made it big at Leicester and was therefore probably BS.

Adrian Cieslewicz a Polish former academy player of ours, who was around the team that won the 2008 FA Youth Cup just made history with his team.

Cieślewicz has been playing for Welsh premier league side TNS/The New Saints for the past decade, they've just made history by becoming the first Welsh league team to qualify for a UEFA group stage.

I'm not sure if he's managed to become the captain of them or not while there, after being at the club a decade though he's clearly a club legend and made a decent living from the sport, even if it's only Wales fair play to him and he clearly loves it in Wales too as he also had a 5 year spell at Wrexham.

Thanks, Asa.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.