Excellent result.

Halfpenny

Copenhagen's a hard place to go. The result was better than I was hoping for at the start of the night, and 2 away goals I think will see us through. However, it's a case of what might've been.
Two points: Firstly, the defence was piss poor. The goals were virtual carbon copies: Shite marking resulting in a free header for them which they couldn't miss in a month of sundays. Bridge was at fault for the first one, they all were for the second: They were all just standing in a line wondering what the fuck to do.
Secondly, the amount of chances we had. Honestly, Bellamy spent half the fucking night offside! Worse than bloody Benjani for that! The ones we were onside for though: SWP should've had 2, Robinho should've had one at least.

Also, why are we always leaving 3 up? Lawrenson rightly said it leaves us exposed at the back when they push men up.

Not taking anything away from the result. It was a good one. But it could've been so much better.

Halfpenny said:
Copenhagen's a hard place to go. The result was better than I was hoping for at the start of the night, and 2 away goals I think will see us through. However, it's a case of what might've been.
Two points: Firstly, the defence was piss poor. The goals were virtual carbon copies: Shite marking resulting in a free header for them which they couldn't miss in a month of sundays. Bridge was at fault for the first one, they all were for the second: They were all just standing in a line wondering what the fuck to do.
Secondly, the amount of chances we had. Honestly, Bellamy spent half the fucking night offside! Worse than bloody Benjani for that! The ones we were onside for though: SWP should've had 2, Robinho should've had one at least.

Also, why are we always leaving 3 up? Lawrenson rightly said it leaves us exposed at the back when they push men up.

Not taking anything away from the result. It was a good one. But it could've been so much better.

Agreed, I'd gladly have taken a draw before the match. Very annoyed with the way things turned out, we really should have won this, but we're in pole position now.

whilst i agree with most of what you said mate....i think the three he left up were bellamy, sweep and robbie, the 3 smallest and fastest players in our team....although having extra bodies would have helped, i cant help feeling they would have been an hinderance rather than help at corners

That would be the only accurate thing Lawreson said all game then. He talks nonsense and if his predictions weren't a clear indication of how much he dislikes City his commentary certainly was.

It was a good result, one that I would have taken before the game, just such a shame we conceded so late putting more pressure on the next leg.

Our defending from set pieces and crosses in general is woeful. Whenever our oppponents get a corner it always seems to find one of their men, yet ours are hardly ever accurate, this has need working on for some time and needs to now more than ever. Kompany was immense in midfield and I think he needs restoring to the midfield as his physical presence is a real asset.

Let's not be disheartened blues 2 away goals, it could have been more let's finish the job at Eastlands!

Halfpenny said:

Agree 100%, a very positive night, yet so much doom, mystifying!!!

cant stand it when we send everybody back to defend , leave 3 up they have to leave 3 back we should be capeable of defending it

give-go said:
cant stand it when we send everybody back to defend , leave 3 up they have to leave 3 back we should be capeable of defending it
But that's the thing: We aren't capable of defending it.

i agree, it was frustrating that we gave away the equaliser, twice! but that said, they are a good side, and a draw with two away goals really puts us in a good position.

that and if their defence plays at Eastlands like they did today, then a good result may come our way.

whereas i do think it was a good result and ii would have taken a score draw at kick off, copenhagen were 8 weeks into a 10 week break, and given our many break aways i am slightly dissapointed, but is anyone in any doubt that we are gonna batter them in the return leg?!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.