Excellent result.

Well I like bridge and he is good on the break. He just gets physched out way too much doesn't he? Gets runnover too much for my taste. Great Wingback though.

Everyone played well really .. Few great performances.

We need to stop conceding corners!

We need to defend better on them as well.

Seems 90% (geusstimating) of the opponents goals come from either corners or crosses!

LEts kick ass in the second leg!

the result is okay but the match itself....We should have buried them and the defence let us down right at the end again. What was Richards doing?? At least it gives the players something to work on anyway. We can hope.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
That would be the only accurate thing Lawreson said all game then. He talks nonsense and if his predictions weren't a clear indication of how much he dislikes City his commentary certainly was.

It was a good result, one that I would have taken before the game, just such a shame we conceded so late putting more pressure on the next leg.

Our defending from set pieces and crosses in general is woeful. Whenever our oppponents get a corner it always seems to find one of their men, yet ours are hardly ever accurate, this has need working on for some time and needs to now more than ever. Kompany was immense in midfield and I think he needs restoring to the midfield as his physical presence is a real asset.

Let's not be disheartened blues 2 away goals, it could have been more let's finish the job at Eastlands!

Can't see why you slag off Lawro for saying EXACTLY what you've just said about City!

Generally his comments on us throughout this season just repeat what lots of City fans think; we are weak at the back, poor when we haven't got the ball, no-one up front (a la RSC) to receive and hold up the ball for our midfield; he said all these things tonight, and it's been true of us all season.

It's pointless slagging off Lawro for not supporting us; he's an annoying prick, but an astute football commentator. When we improve, his comments will be more positive.

Rösler's Dad said:
Bellamy's Caddy said:
That would be the only accurate thing Lawreson said all game then. He talks nonsense and if his predictions weren't a clear indication of how much he dislikes City his commentary certainly was.

It was a good result, one that I would have taken before the game, just such a shame we conceded so late putting more pressure on the next leg.

Our defending from set pieces and crosses in general is woeful. Whenever our oppponents get a corner it always seems to find one of their men, yet ours are hardly ever accurate, this has need working on for some time and needs to now more than ever. Kompany was immense in midfield and I think he needs restoring to the midfield as his physical presence is a real asset.

Let's not be disheartened blues 2 away goals, it could have been more let's finish the job at Eastlands!

Can't see why you slag off Lawro for saying EXACTLY what you've just said about City!

Generally his comments on us throughout this season just repeat what lots of City fans think; we are weak at the back, poor when we haven't got the ball, no-one up front (a la RSC) to receive and hold up the ball for our midfield; he said all these things tonight, and it's been true of us all season.

It's pointless slagging off Lawro for not supporting us; he's an annoying prick, but an astute football commentator. When we improve, his comments will be more positive.

I actually said that would be/was the only accurate thing he said.therefore I'm not contadicting myself. Doubt his comments will improve tbh he's very negative when it comes to City and was throughout the game despite some encouraging attacking performances.

weejh said:
whereas i do think it was a good result and ii would have taken a score draw at kick off, copenhagen were 8 weeks into a 10 week break, and given our many break aways i am slightly dissapointed, but is anyone in any doubt that we are gonna batter them in the return leg?!!

To be fair Aalborg are on the same break and they stuffed Deportivo yesterday

I thought we'd get beat so overall i'm pleased although bit disappointed we didn't manage to hang on but confident we'll go through now

Halfpenny said:
Copenhagen's a hard place to go. The result was better than I was hoping for at the start of the night, and 2 away goals I think will see us through. However, it's a case of what might've been.
Two points: Firstly, the defence was piss poor. The goals were virtual carbon copies: Shite marking resulting in a free header for them which they couldn't miss in a month of sundays. Bridge was at fault for the first one, they all were for the second: They were all just standing in a line wondering what the fuck to do.
Secondly, the amount of chances we had. Honestly, Bellamy spent half the fucking night offside! Worse than bloody Benjani for that! The ones we were onside for though: SWP should've had 2, Robinho should've had one at least.

Also, why are we always leaving 3 up? Lawrenson rightly said it leaves us exposed at the back when they push men up.

Not taking anything away from the result. It was a good one. But it could've been so much better.

Agreed, we should of won but i think it's a bit of an over reaction the way some people are talking about the game, bad defending as we know, but it's not as if we played shit and never threatened, even if we counted the chances and everyone of them was put away we still would of won by 4 goals

2 important away goals, were back at home and favourites obviously, were fully in control of the tie.

TYPICAL CITY!

Went one up, was waiting for the equalizer!
Went 2-1 up, was waiting for the equalizer!
TV commentator said Copenhagen had not been beaten at home for 11 months, so KNEW they would have to come back and score.

When Hughes came to City, he said that we had to get past the "typical City" comments and turn them around. Well, when EVERY WEEKEND we are getting more examples of it, how is it supposed to be turned around?

A few observations:

We NEED a defensive left midfielder who can cross a ball. My choice in the current squad? Garrido!

We NEED a central defence that will ATTACK crosses instead of straggling along with the forward who IS attacking the ball!

We NEED Robinho to either get his finger out or sit on the bench, or even in the stands!

We NEED for EVERY SINGLE FORWARD to LEARN THE OFFSIDE RULE! There is no point being two paces faster than the defender if you are BEHIND HIM every time we go forward! The whole point about having pace is to use to GET PAST HIM, not run behind him before the ball is played! Even if you are going to make an anticipatory run, it HAS TO be an ONSIDE run! Experienced players like Bellamy know better and then kicking the ball away when you get caught for the umpteenth time, and getting the obligatory yellow card, SHOULD result in a fine. Somewhere down the line, IF we are lucky enough NOT to lose to these numpties at Eastlands, the stupid yellow cards will come back to haunt us....when it matters!

We NEED to put away 50% of the chances we create, because, as mentioned on TV, a little clinical finishing and this game would have been won going away with a 3-4-5 goal margin!

We NEED to take a look at how to defend as a team. Note, I said AS A TEAM!

Knowing they were unbeaten in 11 months at home, and knowing how badly City have played away from home, I think almost anyone would have taken a 2-2 result BEFORE the game. However, after watching the game and seeing how inept we are when trying to defend and how we wasted valuable chances going one on one with the keeper, I am VERY disappointed that we still need to get a result at Eastlands.

Accordingly, they will come to Manchester knowing that they need to win and will be attacking our weak defence from the outset. Conversely, the pressure will be on US to get a goal or two ahead and settle the game. The longer the game is 0-0, the better THEIR position will be in the closing stages. Now, the onus will be on City to play attacking football, get a lead and capitalize on it.....something we have done on far too few occasions this season.

We have set ourselves up for a banana skin at Eastlands, and there is absolutely NO reason why this tie should still be in the balance.

(Deep breath!)

All that said, it was not a "bad" overall performance, but the complete lack of ANY killer instinct in forwards that were bought for tens of millions and who pull down what is a few years' salary for a regular bloke every week, regardless of performance, has left what could have been a good 1-2 away win leaving a sour taste.

CTID, which could be sooner rather than later based on the cardiac kids!

Much better performance than expected and definitely superior to any other English side left in the tournament so congratulations Leslie on a job well done.

Wouldnt say it was an excellent result, but it was a decent one that has us in pretty good shape going into week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.