Excited when they signed but turned out to be rubbish

Was going to stick down Futcher myself, agree with Channon he was OK for us but never as exciting as with Southampton.
For some reason I was never particularly excited about Reeves in the first place.

I think Malcolm Allison and Keegan were the worst managers we had for paying decent money for underwhelming talent.

I spoke about Channon above so won't repeat myself but Futcher is a good call. We paid a club-record fee for him to replace Mike Doyle and he was touted as an England international in the making. He was good on the ball so you could see why he might have looked impressive in the old Division Two but he was also slow, not that strong in the air, didn't read the game especially well and was a bit error-prone. All in all, very underwhelming.

I don't remember having seen Reeves play when we bought him, but he'd just been capped by England and was being touted in the press as Kevin Keegan's long-term successor in the national side. That made me, as a kid, excited by his signing but he also didn't live up to the billing. On the whole he was decent enough, but he certainly wasn't anything really special by the top-flight standards of the time.

Jô and Nery Castillo were two I got excited about shows your FIFA isn't always the best barometer for talent! Would say Bojinov too however if not for bad injuries he would've been a decent player.

I was going to say Grealish, but I wasn't even excited when they bought him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.