Excited when they signed but turned out to be rubbish

When i was a kid , early/mid 80s, i would be beyond excited with every summer signing. Running into my dads bedroom with a paper with a story that we’d signed tony cunningham! Only for dad to burst my bubble by saying, “hes shite son”

This could take me a while. I have been going since 77 and there are loads and loads. Crocky santa cruz sticks out.

Might be controversial here but when we re-signed Peter Barnes I was incredibly excited because he was my hero as a little kid and the reason I am a City fan. Plus I absolutely hated the fact he was at United; “how fucking dare they sign him!”

Sadly it didn’t happen for him second time around.

I'm going to shock you now... He's 41 and he's still playing. In fact, he's just won four domestic titles in a row according to wiki
I'll admit I'm surprised but I'm not sure Libertad are at the same level as City currently.
Hughes is still managing, but at Bradford City. Something I'd forgotten about until I saw him walk across the pitch at Barrow on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.