Excited when they signed but turned out to be rubbish

I was listening to that under the cosh podcast this week and Nicky Weaver was talking about Ousmane Dabo. I remember being really excited at this signing. I was on holiday in Rhodes at the time it was announced sitting in a bar with the wife watching sky sports news when it flashed up.
Obviously didn’t turn out so well for all concerned but at the time i really thought we had purchased a cracking player.

Andreas Isaksson. Looked a really good keeper. I think a few other clubs were looking at him and I thought it was a real coup when we landed him. Injuries and Stuart Pearce not really fancying him ended his city career. A shame as he had everything to be a class keeper at city.

Nery Castillo. I was at his debut I think it was West Ham away. As good as it got. Around that time I really thought Svennis was putting together a really good squad but ultimately in a few weeks it all started to unravel.

Honourable mentions to.
Bianchi.
mcmanaman
Samaras
Castillo and Bojinov. I remember watching Castillo against Brazil and he looked amazing, we were in for him at that point but iirc he ended up in Ukraine or somewhere instead before coming to us.

Bojinov i had been a big fan of since his days at Lecce, always looked quality and seemed like he was perfectly suited for PL. Ultimately he was never able to get fit though.

I'll add in Jo, only because we spent shit loads on him and he looked quality on YouTube :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.