Exclusive Mancini interview in the Guardian ^^

Benarbia said:
All the article shows is a desperate man on borrowed time. Compete lack of class. I can't sand him constantly slagging off players in public. To my knowledge I don't know any other managers who do this

Ferguson did this season with Nani. As did Mourinho with half the Madrid team.

As far as slaggings go, this one was pretty tame you must admit.

woolleyback blue said:
Petetheblu said:
He's 47 and still learning. A baby in terms of world class managers/coaches. Letting mancini go could be a decision that haunts us for the next 25 years.

Whoever manages any premiership side will have problems ( normally heightened by our beloved press), what are we going to do sack them all.

If you think back to the pisscan and his constant failure in the champion league, all united did was to employ carlos queros (spelling) and low and behold they progressed and eventually won it. Maybe that's all city need to do.

At 47 bob's won a whole lot of of silverware, a very impressive collection and a collection that will certainly get bigger. We need to hang on to him.....now is not the time to make rash decisions.

This.

After reading through the posts on here it obvious that some posters have an anti Mancini agenda and even if he won the PL title for the next 20 yrs they would find some reason to criticise him. Do they never learn about managerial merry go rounds. Look at Chelsea with the players they had post Mourinho they should have romped the PL for several years but Abramovich's hire and fire policy shot them in the foot. Think back to bacon faces first 5 yrs at manure, he'd have lasted about 3 seasons, at the most, these days, before the press and the fans would have been calling for his head. They stuck with him and the rest is history as they say.

Mancini is still on a learning curve as far as the PL is concerned. Like him or loathe him we have to stick with him for at least 2 more seasons to give him chance to impose his style fully on City. If it doesn't work then ok he has to go. He's absolutely right when he says we haven't been performing as well as last season and he takes his share of the blame, all he's asking is the players do the same. No team is perfect and all the players play at 100% every game but if you have quality players then enough of them should perform well enough to win games even if the rest are not performing. That's been the difference between us and the rags, enough of them have performed to win them games they really should have lost or drawn.

If we changed managers now it would mean another round of players out and new players the new manager wants in and with FFP now in play it won't be as easy as before to engineer that. We can't just buy our way out of trouble.

The same critics are usually silent after 6-1 victories.

Benarbia said:
All the article shows is a desperate man on borrowed time. Compete lack of class. I can't sand him constantly slagging off players in public. To my knowledge I don't know any other managers who do this
Challenging the players. I don't care how he does as long as it works

Got a response for the Leeds game

moomba said:
Benarbia said:

It's his constant nagging at Hart I'm not at ease with

A few weeks ago Gary Neville slagging off de gea and Fergie had a go at Neville and backed his keeper in public. To me that is good management

Marvin said:
Benarbia said:

Lets be fair it was a poor championship team. I'll reserve judgement till 330 tomorrow

Benarbia said:
moomba said:
Benarbia said:

A few weeks ago Gary Neville slagging off de gea and Fergie had a go at Neville and backed his keeper in public. To me that is good management

De gea is first choice at scum central, I think sour alex was covering his own back tbh.. as its him who picks De gea.

Benarbia said:
Marvin said:
Benarbia said:

Lets be fair it was a poor championship team. I'll reserve judgement till 330 tomorrow
It was. But we were still up for it from the 1st minute and ties like that can be awkward games.

I am a bit fed up with every other weekend being billed as a test for Mancini's management. Sooner or later we will have a bad patch of form and that will be laid at the manager's feet instead of just being a regular feature of football

Benarbia said:
Marvin said:
Benarbia said:

And if we win tommorrow ??

Benarbia said:
moomba said:
Benarbia said:

Different strokes for different folks. Whats good management for one player won't work for another, for me the ends justify the means. Interestingly Richard Keys was pretty insistent that the Neville comments were made with full approval of Ferguson.

FWIW the nagging at Hart sits less well with me than the comments on Nasri. But there will be a reason for him having a go, maybe RM thinks he needs a constant prodding to keep his focus. He was very positive about Hart in the interview as well so it wasn't all criticism.

moomba said:
Benarbia said:

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes [except when someone with a zoom lens sends a fight photo to the Daily Mail], but if Nasri just doesn't take on board what he's supposed to do, then what else is left for the manager? If Nasri is constantly left out of the squad because of his failings, then some journalist would be beavering away behind the scenes anyway to eke out a story, especially with his transfer fee and pay deal in mind.<br /><br />-- Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:44 pm --<br /><br />
moomba said:
Benarbia said:
moomba said:

Different strokes for different folks. Whats good management for one player won't work for another, for me the ends justify the means. Interestingly Richard Keys was pretty insistent that the Neville comments were made with full approval of Ferguson.

FWIW the nagging at Hart sits less well with me than the comments on Nasri. But there will be a reason for him having a go, maybe RM thinks he needs a constant prodding to keep his focus. He was very positive about Hart in the interview as well so it wasn't all criticism.

And there wasn't too much Press criticism of Roy Keane when he said something similar of Joe Hart. The pundits were quick to pick up on Joe's faults then, yet when Mancini says something similar, it's suggested he's losing the plot with his squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.