Exclusive Mancini interview in the Guardian ^^

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Don't thank Bobby for our trophies in total, the players helped him do it and whilst Bobby had a helping hand the quality of players we have is what helped most.

Everyone involved in our successes fo the past few years deserve thanks.
Of course they do.

Everyone from GK Coach to Physios etc. The problem is many say Bobby won us our first trophies but Bobbys had the easiest ride in the premier league in regards to building a squad to compete. So much praise for him but it wasn't a single handed achievement. IMO we could have won it with numerous managers because the playing staff was so good.

HRH bought quality players, he invested deeply. Mancini would be potless if he hadnt got the players we have now.

Our outcasts like Bellamy and Adebayor are first team starters elsewhere. What other owners allow such players to be out on loan? Under other bosses Bobby would've been told to let bigons be bigons and just try to get the best out of playing staff. This is what I'm on about, Bobby is damn lucky to have such good backers and we are all lucky to support a team owned by such.

Our players are expensive ingredients and Mancini isn't a good enough Chef to get the best dish out of them. If you don't like the dish you apparently don't have an educated enough pallete. Blame the sous chef, blame the cooker. Everything before admitting the dish is too bland.

But what if you enjoy the dish overall but accept that next time round some ingredients need cooking a little better? :-)

NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Don't thank Bobby for our trophies in total, the players helped him do it and whilst Bobby had a helping hand the quality of players we have is what helped most.

Of course they do.

Everyone from GK Coach to Physios etc. The problem is many say Bobby won us our first trophies but Bobbys had the easiest ride in the premier league in regards to building a squad to compete. So much praise for him but it wasn't a single handed achievement. IMO we could have won it with numerous managers because the playing staff was so good.

HRH bought quality players, he invested deeply. Mancini would be potless if he hadnt got the players we have now.

Our outcasts like Bellamy and Adebayor are first team starters elsewhere. What other owners allow such players to be out on loan? Under other bosses Bobby would've been told to let bigons be bigons and just try to get the best out of playing staff. This is what I'm on about, Bobby is damn lucky to have such good backers and we are all lucky to support a team owned by such.

Our players are expensive ingredients and Mancini isn't a good enough Chef to get the best dish out of them. If you don't like the dish you apparently don't have an educated enough pallete. Blame the sous chef, blame the cooker. Everything before admitting the dish is too bland.

-- Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 pm --

samharris said:
NipHolmes said:
Just scanned through and seen a post saying Bobby is best manager in last 30 years. What a ridiculous statement to back up Bobby. I take it all managers have had the same spending power then? No? Ok wo why fucking compare. Apple's and Oranges.

Absolutely desperate now. People using anything to back up statements no matter how baseless and fault the justification.

Fact of matter is we have regressed since last season. We arent playing to our maximum and forget other players, Bobby is not getting the most out of what we have. Simple as that.

A bad worker blames his tools. Instead of rueing the missed opportunity to sign RVP can he not be thankful for having 4 international strikers on our books.

Don't thank Bobby for our trophies in total, the players helped him do it and whilst Bobby had a helping hand the quality of players we have is what helped most. Avram Grant went to a Champions League final for fuck sakes.

Bobby this, Bobby that. I thank nobody more so than HRH Mansour. I'm sick of Mancini telling us how crap we were. Like he's some saviour. He wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Mansour. He makes out that he's parted the seas like Moses. No, he guided the best squad in the league to the title. Not exactly dragging Villa to the title is it? Context guys, let's have some perspective and leave sentiment out.

I think you'll find the actual quote was " bob is the most successful manager in 30 years"..

So please explain why it has now changed to " Bob is the 'best' manager for 30 years"..Baconface is a better manager than Bob ,but Bob was more successful last year.. thats the difference with twisting words.

Theres a hell of a difference tbh..
please dont start about money.. do you think Mourinho would ever contemplate managing Wigan or Everton without huge money promises.??

yes or no...is Bob the most successful city manager for the last 30 years..

any answer than yes would be truly and utterly deluded.

you also state that its mainly the players that won us the title not Bob.. so why is it now Bobs fault that we are not as good as last year.. surely its the players fault ?? so why then is it Bob who needs replacing ??

He's the most successful because he's been allowed to be. You're delusional to think otherwise

Bobby and fringe players need replacing. A balanced squad with strikers that compliment one another would be a start. A bit of width too.

Who gets the platitudes at Old Trafford the manager or the owners

NipHolmes said:
Of course they do.

I disagree that we would win with numerous managers, and I disagree that it was an easy ride. Are you prepared to talk down Mourinho's achievements at Chelsea and Madrid because he spent a fortune there? Or does that only apply to Mancini?

And by the same token three other teams have outspent us in the transfer market over the past two seasons. Are you surprised that some of them are mounting a challenge now?

We are all lucky with our owners. But do you think another manager will come in and not seek to improve the squad?

We are the reigning champions. The dish was pretty tasty.

Pablo1 said:
NipHolmes said:
moomba said:
Of course they do.

But what if you enjoy the dish overall but accept that next time round some ingredients need cooking a little better? :-)

A team boasting great attacking talents playing in a deep and defensive formation is not getting the best out of what we have. 4-3-3 with an intention of blowing teams away each game is better than aiming to keep a clean sheet and playing to deep by inviting opposing teams to press you high up the field.

As I said, a bad worker blames his tools for a bad job. The worker may have a few bad tools but you make good with the better tools. I can't feel sorry for Bobby when he bemoans losing out on RVP whilst he has 4 international strikers.

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Of course they do.

I disagree that we would win with numerous managers, and I disagree that it was an easy ride. Are you prepared to talk down Mourinho's achievements at Chelsea and Madrid because he spent a fortune there? Or does that only apply to Mancini?

And by the same token three other teams have outspent us in the transfer market over the past two seasons. Are you surprised that some of them are mounting a challenge now?

We are all lucky with our owners. But do you think another manager will come in and not seek to improve the squad?

We are the reigning champions. The dish was pretty tasty.

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good post mate.. ;)

All the article shows is a desperate man on borrowed time. Compete lack of class. I can't sand him constantly slagging off players in public. To my knowledge I don't know any other managers who do this

Benarbia said:
All the article shows is a desperate man on borrowed time. Compete lack of class

Well BaconChops a KUNT and Mourinho is one two it comes with being a top top manager you NEVER settle for second best

Benarbia said:
All the article shows is a desperate man on borrowed time. Compete lack of class

Is there such a thing as a manager with class ??? I always thought to be at the top you had to be ruthless..

You do but like the greats (which he will never be) praise in public leaving the shit for behind closed doors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.