Expanding COMS! 3 Tiers or 1 Large Stand At One End?

the 3 tiers look good but i think that the atmosphere would be shit if the tiers were too small so i'd prefer the big stand (like the proposed kop or marseille's ground.) the 3rd stadium looks shite.

ps. if we expanding to 60 why not push the boat out and make it 70 or 80 to be the biggest ground in the prem?

jrb said:
You could make the North Stand a 20-25,000 seater and leave the South Stand as it is. Or you could add an extra tier to the South stand as well.

City's North Stand. (similar in size)

(Dortmund)

24972.jpg

that in blue on a derby day would be mad!! but reading other comments would do people think of a thin 2nd tier full of boxes and shit with a bigger 3rd tier (like wembley). just a thought!!

I think some joined up thinking could be used here

To have one large stand at one end AND to reduce the prices in that end, to tap into the 'Hamburg' effect , would really help improve the atmosphere at COMS.

jrb said:
Which would you prefer? 3 tiers as in the photoshop picture below or a 1 large stand similar to the KOP?

You would be able to make both ends 3 tiers high, but if you wanted one large stand, you could only do that at the North stand as there isn't enough land/space at the South Stand.

Either.

thirdtier.png

(larger version here. <a class="postlink" href="http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8827/thirdtier.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8827/thirdtier.png</a>)

or a stand silmilar in size to what was going to be the new KOP. (not shape)

LiverpoolStadium3PA_468x295.jpg

How it could be done. (With a roof added of course.)

sydneyolympicstadium1_wideweb__470x314,0.jpg

Is it just me or does the new Liverpool Stadium look absoloute shite!! the 'Kop' and the main stand look like near vertical drops!! If i was them would stay put!!

On the city side of things a would prefer the 3 tier version but wasnt the stadium designed for like so for other things like air ventilation and sunlight and so on? this would put all this out of sync or not there at all?

BlueMoon93 said:
flipmode said:
Glory hunters who can't afford 2nd? lol

I reckon 3rd tier behind the goal would be the best view in the ground. 3rd tier in the corner would be amazing, like a panoramic view. I would probably buy an ST there if this ever happened.

Me too, it would be Emirates(esque) and I've sat in the third tier there and the view is A-MAZ-ING!!!

u2fme2 said:
would rather fill the one we got first

I reckon we will do now most if not every week mate. I mean I know it's the first day of the season, good weather and we have signed some good players but Wolves isn't the most appetising of games is it and we have pretty much sold out already. Give it a year or two and I reckon we will have to extend. I don't think any more than 60 odd thousand would be needed though tbh.

Always preferred single tiers - the one at the Westfalonstadion is quite simply the best stand in the world. Generates an incredible atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.