Expectations for the first half of the season?

Having a restart may suit us, as there are inevitably "teething troubles".

Anything over two points a game and we'll be right in there.

is it 16 games ? If thats right, then about 37 points will set us up for the 2 nd half nicely. Whats that 23 points to get from 10 games, think we'll do that and be top or within a point or 2.

Touching distance of the top.

30 points to play for:
Spurs (H) - 1
Wolves (A) - 3
United (H) - 3
Southampton (H) - 3
Liverpool (A) - 1
Arsenal (A) - 1
Brighton (H) - 3
Leciester (A) - 3
Fulham (H) - 3
Brentford (H) - 3

So 24 points would be a great return from that. 20 points or more would be good. Less than 20, not ideal.

Through to the Champions League knockouts.

Knock Chelsea out of the League Cup and pray we get a lower league side where we can play the kids in the 4th round. The 4th round is between the World Cup Final (Dec 18) and the 1st league game back (26 Dec).
I fancy us to get more than 3 points from Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool

I fancy us to get more than 3 points from Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool
Yes so do I, but then we may drop points where we don't expect, I think though expecting us to get 2.25- 2.3 from the 10 games isn't unreasonable maybe even 2.5, when did we last average less tha 2 a game.

I expect us to be top by 4/5 points, still in the LC and qualified for the CL knockouts come the fucking WC break.

Yes so do I, but then we may drop points where we don't expect, I think though expecting us to get 2.25- 2.3 from the 10 games isn't unreasonable maybe even 2.5, when did we last average less tha 2 a game.

We were on exactly 2pts pg last season after 10 games: W6 D2 L2. A pace good enough for CL qualification but not the league.

We then went on the winning run and eventually finished the last 28 games with W23 D4 L1 and 73 points @ 2.61 pts pg. (2.61pg is near as damn it 100pts pace).

14/18pts this far is a great return, considering we’re still trying to work out the new system with Haaland.

I’d very much expect us to be in the top 2 come November, however as others have already said - as long as we’re no more than 5 or 6 pts off, I’d be confident we can do the job after the WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.