Expectations In The Summer Window

Freestyler

I'm worried now that are City now going to have huge high expectation levels to bring in world class players in this window with the likes of villa, kaka, eto etc...?, if it doesn't happen then will people like robinho get fed up of waiting around?, the difference now is that the season has finished and there's none of this stuff with players not wanting to leave half way through the season in Jan, it's a brand new start to a season and i think alot of people are gonna expect 8 names in and about 8 being sold because of this and let the deadwood leave and build a solid team

Personally i really hope we sign somes big names or 'galacticos' as cook calls them, i think if we don't deliver then we won't get anyone big in the january window so it will be left once again till the summer window in 2011 to bring the big names in, obviously it takes time as you know but i think this next window pretty much will have a big effect on the next 2-3 seasons, i don't want to make it sound like a negative post, i was just wondering what other peoples views are on this next window?

No worries for me-we will now go on a good run and put that uefa cup on the table,they WILL be fighting to get into our club,make no mistake.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I'm worried now that are City now going to have huge high expectation levels to bring in world class players in this window with the likes of villa, kaka, eto etc...?, if it doesn't happen then will people like robinho get fed up of waiting around?, the difference now is that the season has finished and there's none of this stuff with players not wanting to leave half way through the season in Jan, it's a brand new start to a season and i think alot of people are gonna expect 8 names in and about 8 being sold because of this and let the deadwood leave and build a solid team

Personally i really hope we sign somes big names or 'galacticos' as cook calls them, i think if we don't deliver then we won't get anyone big in the january window so it will be left once again till the summer window in 2011 to bring the big names in, obviously it takes time as you know but i think this next window pretty much will have a big effect on the next 2-3 seasons, i don't want to make it sound like a negative post, i was just wondering what other peoples views are on this next window?

Depends on how well we sell our "plan" freestyler.

We have the funds to entice the best around and its unlikely other clubs outside the top 6 or 7 can compete with us on that front for the better players that become available.

Whats more important however and what will talk as more is what we do on the pitch in the premeir league for the remaining 15 games and in Europe.

We need to start to pick up more points away from home than we have been.

Despite losing a point against Everton and blowing a 2 goal lead against Liverpool both of whiich would not have occurred had we been better tactically organised the home form has been near what we would have expected result wise and long may that continue.

Lets get to 40 points as quickly as we can and go on from their before we start to concern ourselves who we will recruit in the summer freestyler.

Don't worry you can gurantee we'll bring in some quality. January was decent and it's ahrd to get players in in January, summer anything goes. We might have a new manager by then and if we do you can gurantee he will be high profile and able to attract top quality players

We were sniffing around Yaya Toure in January but he wanted to wait til the end of the season, I reckon there's a good chance he will come and he'd be a perfect signing for us. There will be more players of that calibre joining the club. We've got enough solid quality players now and we need to add the next level of footballer.

I think Hughes will be gone in Summer unless we win the Uefa, and Kaka will be the first big name signing, opening the door for the likes of David Villa etc.

shaundickov said:
I think Hughes will be gone in Summer unless we win the Uefa, and Kaka will be the first big name signing, opening the door for the likes of David Villa etc.

Could happen. I wouldn't set my expectations quite so high though. Expect a little less and look at anyone like Kaka and Villa as a MASSIVE bonus

it would be good if we could get some world class players like ribery and kaka but if hughes stays we will spend ridiculous

amounts of money on premiership hardened players such as rsc, robby keane, amr zaki etc....

so if we keep hughes we will slowly and steadily climb up the table and then buy all of these huge players.

and if we get someone like mourinho in the summer we will buy all of these huge players plus a few players with great

potential such as barca's 18 yr old bojan and ac's 18 yr old pato who are both attacking mids/strikers. also if we get

someone like mourinho it may be an insentive for our players to impress him and bigger players like kaka would obviously

want to play under internationaly succesful managers rather than an unknown manager! but on the other hand there is a

chance of the foundations deteriorating like whats happening to chelsea at the moment because we have accelerated to

fast.

The Fat el Hombre said:
shaundickov said:

Could happen. I wouldn't set my expectations quite so high though. Expect a little less and look at anyone like Kaka and Villa as a MASSIVE bonus

I agree Hughes/Cook will both go in the summer (even if we win the UEFA Cup IMO), so the first priority is the appointment of a new manager/Chief-ex, who will then have to assess the squad/transfer targets etc. Hopefully then new players can be brought in before the start of pre-season training.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.