Expectations In The Summer Window

To be honest im expecting and hoping for some BIG players arriving and not midgits !!

Ill get my coat :)

'galactico's' are bonus at the moment. look at villa, what they have done is brilliant and thats without any 'galactico's'. we need to build as villa have done, get a team spirit and togetherness within the squad, then add your kaka's, david villas etc....

MCFC_Freestyler said:
I'm worried now that are City now going to have huge high expectation levels to bring in world class players in this window with the likes of villa, kaka, eto etc...?, if it doesn't happen then will people like robinho get fed up of waiting around?, the difference now is that the season has finished and there's none of this stuff with players not wanting to leave half way through the season in Jan, it's a brand new start to a season and i think alot of people are gonna expect 8 names in and about 8 being sold because of this and let the deadwood leave and build a solid team

Personally i really hope we sign somes big names or 'galacticos' as cook calls them, i think if we don't deliver then we won't get anyone big in the january window so it will be left once again till the summer window in 2011 to bring the big names in, obviously it takes time as you know but i think this next window pretty much will have a big effect on the next 2-3 seasons, i don't want to make it sound like a negative post, i was just wondering what other peoples views are on this next window?

MASSIVE

Wishlist for summer:
a 6'6" striker built bigger than Caicedo, fantastic in the air and great holding up skills. Scouts, go!

The trouble is that the more players we bring in, the longer it takes to build a settled team. At some point we have to say that this is our squad and apart from moving one or two out and replacing them, we have to stop buying four or five players every six months.

We probably need a decent central defender and an experienced target man then we need to make make we'e got perform consistently. Otherwise we're never going to get anywhere.

ConnorMCFC said:
'galactico's' are bonus at the moment. look at villa, what they have done is brilliant and thats without any 'galactico's'. we need to build as villa have done, get a team spirit and togetherness within the squad, then add your kaka's, david villas etc....

Good post, imo, but would 'galacticos' help our team spirit and togetherness? The one we've got so far hasn't helped much, has he?, his early-season goals outweighed by recent lack of interest and morale damage to the squad.
We should take the Villa route if we can-which might be hard without O'Neill-; win some trophies, then look at who is interested in coming in without too much bribery. Team spirit is slow to build and dead easy to destroy, but we'll get nowhere without it.

firstly we need to kep the majority of the squad together

we need to keep robinho, ireland swp kompany richards elano, hart, de jong, zabaleta, petrov, boj and various others.....not easy if any teams who will be in europe come calling....

we also need to get rid of the dead wood......vass and danny mills have surely got to be sold along with either ball or garrido. tbh also gone permanently would be good.....evans sold to lower division team as well.

a prority to bring in must be a striker who is powerful and quick.....good in the air and can lead the line....a toress type player.....this is essential and must be a priority

we also need cover for both wings.......

and if possible a world class centre half

my expectations will depend on whether Hughes is still here

with him - low
without him - massive

I think were taking a wrong step in trying to buy these superstars in the first season of ADUG.
Look a chelsea, they started off buy buying decent players, not superstars. Imo, were taking a step to far trying to buy these superstar players, and not giving our youth a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.