Expensive watches

Poser value... that's it really.

I've owned superb replicas which cost alot less than the genuine watches, and even from up close the average joe couldn't tell the difference.
Only when I got into my Citroen c2 and not a Jag' :D

Hmm you talk about poser value yet you buy a replica of an expensive brand to do what exactly?

I hate snides..of anything if I'm honest

You know you can get an incredible original timepiece for peanuts if you hunt for one and think outside the bigboys..Seiko are brilliant watches..you can even pick up an Omega Geneve for under £200

Just don't understand people who buy fakes when you can get watches to suit everyone's pocket

Hmm you talk about poser value yet you buy a replica of an expensive brand to do what exactly?

You know you can get an incredible original timepiece for peanuts if you hunt for one and think outside the bigboys..Seiko are brilliant watches..you can even pick up an Omega Geneve for under £200

Just don't understand people who buy fakes when you can get watches to suit everyone's pocket

Where did I say I bought it?
I've got two replicas, was given to me as a gift, my brother didn't like the other one so gave me that as well.

I don't even wear them, maybe once in the 5yrs it's been in my house.

I have this thing called a smartphone, gives me the time when i need it :)

I don't understand people who'd spend that sort of money on a, errrr, WATCH lol

oooooh look at me

I collect vintage watches

Currently have this on my wrist

It's a rare Atlantic records promotional watch from the early 1970's..this watch was only handed out in small numbers to artists on the label so this was owned by somebody famous at some point

It has an exceptional Valjoux 7733 hand wind movement that has a very loud tick

It's a little rough..but it adds to the character..would never sell it

1F492113-C146-4250-BDDB-C782314006A4_zpsijrixjno.png

Now to be fair, that's a special item with history and value and I can appreciate that. But a seriously expensive watch is a bit of a puzzle if it doesn't do anything better than the cheapo version does

I don't understand people who'd spend that sort of money on a, errrr, WATCH lol

oooooh look at me

That's what I'm trying to say though

There are watches for any budget which look great and work well

I would never spend 100k+ on a watch..even if I could afford it..ridiculous money and most of them are ugly..like the footballers favourite 'Hublot'

My modest 'grail' watch is a Heuer Monaco..classic design and around £5k

I'll own one some day

Like someone mentioned earlier..pick the right watch and it's like money in the bank..better than money in the bank..Buy a Rolex..stick it in a safe and in 10 years it would have earned you more than any bank..not that I'd do that..watches are meant to be worn and enjoyed..but some people do

So then.
My mam got burgled a while back and the insurance paid her jewelry out in vouchers which are of no real use to
her as She obviously can't replace engagement ring etc so shewanted to spend the cash on something that will either appreciate value over time, or will sell right away for pretty much full value so she can use the cash on something she wants.
She was thinking about a watch, I thought gold would be a safe buy.

If she were to go for a watch what would be her better options? I think she has about 9k on it, although Im Not 100%.

I collect vintage watches

Currently have this on my wrist

It's a rare Atlantic records promotional watch from the early 1970's..this watch was only handed out in small numbers to artists on the label so this was owned by somebody famous at some point

It has an exceptional Valjoux 7733 hand wind movement that has a very loud tick

It's a little rough..but it adds to the character..would never sell it

1F492113-C146-4250-BDDB-C782314006A4_zpsijrixjno.png

like :)

i'm a watch freak. dont have to be expensive i just have to like them. i usually try to buy one in every place i go abroad. mainly with city. saw one in moscow first time round, bought that here. 2nd moscow trip i saw 2 that i couldn't choose between. i bought one there and then hinted to the kids when i got home i wanted the other. birthday comes watch in pressie pile :)

like i said, a freak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.