Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

I didn't go to the Vigil as well, what's it going to achieve?
And I bet traffic is chaotic around town right now.

What is the answer?
I don't want to "throw em all out" as that would be unfair in the Muslims who are peaceful people and contribute positively to this planet.

But more and more it seems to be a solution according to these RWNJ's

I don't know who to go with.

I didn't go to the Vigil as well, what's it going to achieve?
And I bet traffic is chaotic around town right now.

What is the answer?
I don't want to "throw em all out" as that would be unfair in the Muslims who are peaceful people and contribute positively to this planet.

But more and more it seems to be a solution according to these RWNJ's

I don't know who to go with.

How about you go with the guys that doesn't directly feed into the aims of the terrorist and doesn't throw away 1000 years of fight for rights of British people?

It's certainly not a race debate, it has no political aspect either although some will see it that way.

Stopping this shit is essentially impossible. Closing our borders is a misconception that will never solve it.

These people are extremists. They represent no religion.

Whatever people's opinions are about ethnic communities here have nothing to do with the senseless, mindless bastard that decided to blow himself and 22 others into a million pieces.

Right now it's about the families of the innocent who have died, most of whom barely lived a life of any note. I have no words to context what they must feel right now.

I genuinely don't know how it can be stopped. It's a non existent identity that offers easy answers to difficult questions.

May all of the victims rest in peace and all the families find a way to deal with it.

I agree wholeheartedly with your closing comment BUT I disagree when you say this has nothing to with religion ,its about a certain take on islam and how it differentiates people of that faith from other beliefs. I grew up with the IRA bombings , the divisions that catholicism and protestant fed fuelled the violence.

Absolutely heartbreaking, still can't believe it's happened. Thoughts are with those so young who have died, their families and those recovering in hospital. It puts life in to perspective. I am so proud of the reaction of many mancunians, offering shelter, providing support and offering taxi lifts to safety. A sikh man on Radio 5 live was offering his help, advising victims to go to a nearby Sikh temple, makes you proud to be a part of a civilised community.
And continuing to be part of that civilised community is the best action we can take against these loons. Because we defeat their objective if we stay civilised and stick together as a group of human beings. Loads of different parts of our community came together last night - White, black, brown, Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Catholic, CofE, Jewish, etc. Being civilised may make us a soft target but that's unfortunately a price we must pay in this day and age.

Without wishing to be trite or trivial it's like City playing a team of cloggers. We may not get much protection from the ref but we'll carry on playing football and not kick back and, if we do, get the yellow cards. Our players may be battered and bruised but ultimately we're the moral winners.

I agree wholeheartedly with your closing comment BUT I disagree when you say this has nothing to with religion ,its about a certain take on islam and how it differentiates people of that faith from other beliefs. I grew up with the IRA bombings , the divisions that catholicism and protestant fed fuelled the violence.

It's a take on Islam that should never be qualified as a religion because it doesn't represent it. Not in any way.

It's turned into an east vs western culture/religious belief debate when actually it's just a senseless group of people who represent nothing but their own stupidity.

I don't know how we stop that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.