Explosion at MEN Arena/Victoria Station

Think I will listen to MI5
Read the bit below about what causes the level to change. Even MI5 say it's hardly ever based on actual intelligence pointing to a specific attack.

If you truly want to listen to MI5 it will calm your fears, even if only a tad!

So we think we know that the level means another attack "may" be imminent. But what does that actually mean. How does it manifest itself?

Any changes to public transport or say the Run at the weekend?

The press are focusing on the "imminent" bit, but can we stop arguing over it - the point is there that they have received information to warrant upping security to the uppermost level, which whatever way you look at it means, bearing in mind they did the raids here, we need to be careful about what events we attend or what we do until it comes back down, which you'd expect would be within the next few days.

As should anyone living in a major place in the country or thinking about attending major events until such a time.

Not the best explanation mate - pretty damned obvious it can't mean one WILL happen as no-one knows that, so it's obviously the case that one MAY happen, however highly likely that due to intelligence they are believing the likelihood may have increased.
Just stating the obvious to open peoples eyes that don't think it's obvious, some are making out because of the rise of level it means it's going to happen again and that MAY not be the case.....

So we think we know that the level means another attack "may" be imminent. But what does that actually mean. How does it manifest itself?

Any changes to public transport or say the Run at the weekend?
We will probably see the military on the streets in key areas. Also at events. That's the main visible change.

Oh course it's not a certainty but you can't stop people raising concerns by threatening to ban them.

I'm actually feeling quite anxious and worried, I wish I could help it but I can't. My stomach is in knots

Nobody did that. I asked somebody to tone down the consoiracy posts which I also deleted talking about potential war on the streets. So now you're making things up too.

You aren't being helpful here.

Does it really matter?

Aren't the sentiments exactly the same? Higher than usual risk because they cannot establish whether he was a lone wolf or if there are further terrorists at large?

I really do think you're being extremely pedantic here over an issue which means the same whichever way you come at it. In either case, the Government have raised the level to critical which means further attacks may be imminent,

Please let others interpret the way they wish to, as you are doing - we don't all follow the same thought processes (thankfully)

Yes.

The difference between "We can't be sure so we're doing something" and "We have specific information something is about to happen so be prepared " is a massive gaping one. This isn't about interpretation it's about people echo chambering themselves into fear in what is already a tense and fearful situation.

The press are focusing on the "imminent" bit, but can we stop arguing over it - the point is there that they have received information to warrant upping security to the uppermost level, which whatever way you look at it means, bearing in mind they did the raids here, we need to be careful about what events we attend or what we do until it comes back down, which you'd expect would be within the next few days.

What I understand from the same words as you was the opposite. It was the lack of information that has resulted in the increase to critical. Not from information received.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.