F A Youth cup semi-final v Blackburn Friday 30th Oct Live on BT

Callum hudson odoi played against one year. He looked better than sancho that night. Maybe him ?
None of your stars performed in that final. It goes that way sometimes. I think Sancho was already in Dortmund mentally and didn't really look up for it while Foden and Diaz only showed flashes. That amount of talent is bound to have its moments, but neither was able to turn the the game to City's advantage. Namancha (sp?) was the City player who impressed me most in 2017.

None of your stars performed in that final. It goes that way sometimes. I think Sancho was already in Dortmund mentally and didn't really look up for it while Foden and Diaz only showed flashes. That amount of talent is bound to have its moments, but neither was able to turn the the game to City's advantage. Namancha (sp?) was the City player who impressed me most in 2017.

Lukas Nmencha is out 'on loan' , over in Belgium with Vinceny Kompany at Anderlecht .... he's already scored four goals in seven games , good player.

i think the Chelsea player who impressed me most in earlier youth cup finals was Mason Mount ..... classy player ..... you could see a mile off that he was gonna be banging on the first team door soon.

Last edited:
Didn't see much of your semi final, are you expecting Chelsea to be as strong as usual ?

Didn't see much of your semi final, are you expecting Chelsea to be as strong as usual ?

It's looking like he might have gone mate , but i watched the entire Chelsea game the other night and i can tell you that they look as strong now as they were in previous finals .... they started brilliantly against the rags, but nobody has won this trophy more than United , and after the opening 15/ 20 minutes, they came back really strongly.

Chelsea scored a top class goal from a 'sweeping' move, , and the game was pretty even until late on when Chelsea finished slightly the stronger side .... this is a good Chelsea team, that move the ball about well, and City will have to be 'at the races' to win this game.

Last edited:
It's looking like he might have gone mate , but i watched the entire Chelsea game the other night and i can tell you that they look as strong now as they were in previous finals .... they started brilliantly against the rags, but nobody has won this trophy more than United , and they came back really strongly.

Chelsea scored a top class goal , and the game was pretty even until late on when Chelsea finished slightly the stronger side .... this is a good Chelsea team, that move the ball about well, and City will have to be 'at the races' to win this game.
Not the answer i was looking for. But cheers for the heads up.

Am expecting a good game tonite mate .... i was really impressed with your lot against what was a very strong United performance , and i thought Chelsea did really well to come out on top ..... hadn't seen much of either City or Chelsea youth this season until the other night , but it's pretty clear that both clubs have young players who could eventually make the grade , if they aren't knocking on the door already ..... and it will be interesting to see if this City team can come up with the goods tonite , because i can't see Chelsea taking their foot off the gas now.
This group of 18s hasn't been as dominant as some of their predecessors and I'm a big fan of Braaf, who I fully expect to start tonight. My feeling is that it will be City's year.

Of our lot, look out for:
Bate a left footer who plays as a six. He carries the ball well, has great awareness for a pass and loves to bite into tackles.

Anjorin: an eight who the game all too often passes by but, if he does anything at all noticeable, it is likely to be spectacular. Has a couple of first team appearances.

Lewis plays as a ten but without the kind of eye catching talent that jumps out at you. Instead it might be 20 minutes before you notice him and then it'll be because he's just always buzzing around quietly doing effective things.

Lawrence lines up all over the place but I like him best as an energy bunny full back who is just as likely to turn up in your six yard box as in his own.

Liveramento leggy RWB who is a kind of litmus paper. If you're not seeing much of him it's because you're playing well. On the other hand, if Chelsea are moving the ball as they would like to, he'll be getting a lot of key involvements high on the right.

This group of 18s hasn't been as dominant as some of their predecessors and I'm a big fan of Braaf, who I fully expect to start tonight. My feeling is that it will be City's year.

Of our lot, look out for:
Bate a left footer who plays as a six. He carries the ball well, has great awareness for a pass and loves to bite into tackles.

Anjorin: an eight who the game all too often passes by but, if he does anything at all noticeable, it is likely to be spectacular. Has a couple of first team appearances.

Lewis plays as a ten but without the kind of eye catching talent that jumps out at you. Instead it might be 20 minutes before you notice him and then it'll be because he's just always buzzing around quietly doing effective things.

Lawrence lines up all over the place but I like him best as an energy bunny full back who is just as likely to turn up in your six yard box as in his own.

Liveramento leggy RWB who is a kind of litmus paper. If you're not seeing much of him it's because you're playing well. On the other hand, if Chelsea are moving the ball as they would like to, he'll be getting a lot of key involvements high on the right.

Thanks mate , i'll keep an eye out for those guys tonite ..... i reckon it's gonna take every one of our players to be on the top of their game to come out on top tonite , but i think we've a stronger bunch of young players than in recent years, and you just never know !

Yes, Chelsea have been a bit erratic with their results in the league , but so have City been at that level .... i think in league fixtures both clubs have only won three out of their last five matches.

Last edited:
I hope it's a great game tonight for us and for the players. Let's hope that it will prove a launchpad to great professional careers for as many of the lads as possible. Most of all I'm glad that normal service has been resumed and that, after a two-season break, we once again have a 'proper' FA Youth Cup Final.

My team has, deservedly in my opinion, had the better of it in the three most recent finals but City's day must come. If it turns out to be tonight, I'll be back later to take my medicine. Enjoy the game all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.