F1 2011 game thread

Akai said:
managed to get it today, been good so far even though I am struggling with DRS (I keep using it while taking corners ..)

so anyone else got it? hopefully we can do a BM race some day!
In the races DRS disables as soon as the brakes are used. Does the game not follow F1 rules?

Irwell said:
Akai said:
managed to get it today, been good so far even though I am struggling with DRS (I keep using it while taking corners ..)

In the races DRS disables as soon as the brakes are used. Does the game not follow F1 rules?

Yes it does follow the rules exactly. You can use DRS whenever in practice and qualifying.

What the poster you quote means is that you can press DRS too early (practice and qualifying) as you go come out of a corner and lose your rear downforce. As in real life also.

SWP's back said:
Irwell said:
Akai said:

Yes it does follow the rules exactly. You can use DRS whenever in practice and qualifying.

What the poster you quote means is that you can press DRS too early (practice and qualifying) as you go come out of a corner and lose your rear downforce. As in real life also.

yup, that's what I meant and also there's fast corners where you don't have to break and forget to turn off DRS.

the game is much better, but they need to fix the frame rate bug and pit lane speed.

miles better than last year. although the penalty bug has been fixed it can sometimes be over the top. schumacher cut accross me in melbourne in the first turn in Q1 and ended up spinning out himself, leaving me with a 10 place deduction.
also i cannot get my head around the safety car, it came out but i went flying past it. it then told me to slow down and join the queue so i thought id stop and let it pass me so id join the queue. after i joined it it said the car was too close, then made my car invisible whilst 10 cars drove through me in the queue, to add to this i get done for an illegal overtake!! can any F1 nut jobs shed any light on the safety car sitch

clever game, started on easy and was so much quicker than the AI I moved up to intermediate, still quicker than them even with mediocre cars but went into a race only at Spa with Heidfeld, started 10th, chased Vettel round before finally overtaking him, then turned my engine down to save fuel, my warning light came on, the Red Bulls caught up dead quick so I had to turn my engine up again, got a lead but then on the final straight my engine lost all power and I crawled round the final chicane to be passed by 8 cars and finish 9th, gutted, but I took the risk and it didn't pay off.

Does anyone fancy getting a race organised on here?

My PSN is McLaren_2011_LH if you want a race, add me and then we'll sort something out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.