F1 2024 season

The Monaco race needs scrapping. It's totally unable to deliver an exciting race, due to the lack of overtaking opportunities. It's unsuitable as a circuit for the modern F1 cars, which are markedly bigger than they were back in prehistoric days. .

I agree but it’s a big party for everyone and the PR machine is too strong.

How the governing bodies expect to be taken seriously when Monaco is secure but every year we hear about Spa being at risk is unfathomable.

Monaco is Monaco.

Part of F1 motor racing history, prestige and identity. But most fans would probably admit to wanting to get it out of the way after the 5th lap reality sets in that this is actually one dull, uninteresting circuit.

It wouldn't be F1 without it, but the sport would probably be better off if it were scrapped.

Monaco is Monaco.

Part of F1 motor racing history, prestige and identity. But most fans would probably admit to wanting to get it out of the way after the 5th lap reality sets in that this is actually one dull, uninteresting circuit.

It wouldn't be F1 without it, but the sport would probably be better off if it were scrapped.

Here’s an idea that obviously won’t happen but would be incredible: turn it into a heritage race.

Still issue championship points but each driver has to drive a classic F1 car from their respective teams history.

Would be amazing to watch.

Here’s an idea that obviously won’t happen but would be incredible: turn it into a heritage race.

Still issue championship points but each driver has to drive a classic F1 car from their respective teams history.

Would be amazing to watch.

Nice idea.

And to make it even more farcical I would have a rule where the car has to be at least from the year 2000 or before. And for every year older the car is, it's a multiplier for how many points you get.

I.e 2000 = X1 multiplier 25 points for a win (like normal)
1999 = X2 multiplier 50 points for a win
1971 = X30 multiplier 750 points for a win.
1950 = X51 multiplier 1275 points for a win (!)

The risk would be going for an older car but hoping it snook into the points.

It's a playground for the rich and famous, watching the race from multi million pound yachts harboured in the marina, while sipping champagne and munching on canapés. In my opinion, what it adds to F1 in terms of pure racing (ignore all the bullshit that surrounds it) is negligible, bordering on non existent. But Liberty won't bin it; they'll see it as the glamorous jewel in the F1 crown.

At least RB dominance seems in the past. Thing is you don’t want a Monaco circuit.

Imo you should skip the raceday. Just do qualifications, lets say 2 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. By far more interesting.
Cars racing at slow speed or drivers told to slow down … fck me.

LeClerc has his dream come true. That’s the best thing today.

Ocon's off at the end of the season.

Alpine really are a dumpster fire.

Ocon seems to cause a lot of conflict with his team mates, has previous with Alonso and also Sergio Perez when they were at Racing Point. Going to be a long season at Alpine with their under powered engine not helping matters neither.

Ocon seems to cause a lot of conflict with his team mates, has previous with Alonso and also Sergio Perez when they were at Racing Point. Going to be a long season at Alpine with their under powered engine not helping matters neither.
Gasly seems like a smug little prick too, they're not the most likeable team on the grid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.