F1 Season 2020.

So I assume the front of the car (with Grosjean) went through the barrier and got stuck, but the momentum kept the back going and tore the car in two, hence the fireball.
That's a fair assessment. But he was still in the back half because of his seatbelts. So he would've been undoing them whilst on fire!

Wow. I'm still shaking after witnessing that tbh.

That's a fair assessment. But he was still in the back half because of his seatbelts. So he would've been undoing them whilst on fire!

Wow. I'm still shaking after witnessing that tbh.

He was in the front half wasnt he? It sheared around the survival shell that goes just behind the drivers head.

I think the barrier is faulty, the nose of the car went through until the halo stopped it, it snagged, snapping it in two and presumably opening up some sort of fuel line which caused the fire.

I can't believe he walked away from it. Incredibly lucky.

He was in the front half wasnt he? It sheared around the survival shell that goes just behind the drivers head.

I think the barrier is faulty, the nose of the car went through until the halo stopped it, it snagged, snapping it in two and presumably opening up some sort of fuel line which caused the fire.

I can't believe he walked away from it. Incredibly lucky.
Yep. My mistake.

That is incredible.

When I watched the incident at the MotoGP in Austria earlier this year, I thought that was the luckiest escape I'd ever seen. Not now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.