F1 Season 2021

Will it be another procession for Hamilton?

I genuinely hope not but I've been burned before by the winter testing giving the impression of a competitive season only for the Mercs to just disappear into the distance come race weekend!
I'm going to remain optimistic though and say it will be a brilliant season (I genuinely hope it is because its a ridiculous number of races this year, if everything is done and dusted half way through its going to be very dull).

Having watched the latest season of DTS, I can't help but feel similarities between Racing Point/Aston Martin and Man City.

Nouveau riche side that's frowned upon by established elite. Makes it way up the charts through money and smart planning and management. An owner/CEO that's relentless about winning. The other more historical teams ganged up to have them punished over something that only broke the rules retroactively.

Lawrence Stroll even said that he wouldn't tolerate other team's failings as an excuse to bring his own team down. Just like Khaldoon.

I'll be interested to see this year if any of the "no.2" drivers upset their team's apple carts this year. Maybe Sainz? Probably not though.
If so then Haas seem like the old City. :-)

(Ferrari are Liverpool - all 'istry nonsense)

If so then Haas seem like the old City. :-)

(Ferrari are Liverpool - all 'istry nonsense)

When I was backpacking around Australia in the early 2000's I was in Melbourne for the Grand Prix and in the teams pen picture things in the programme there was a section on Minardi. I'll never forget the opening line of their bit - 'Imagine being a fan of Manchester City when your neighbours are one of the most famous brands in World Sport, sweeping all before them whilst you struggle and stumble from crisis to crisis, well that's what it's like to be the Italian Minardi team in a sport dominated by Ferrari'. Always had a soft spot for them after that.

Great P2 session, which is the only one run at the same time that Quali and the race are, so the most relevant.

Max fastest by 0.1s from Lando Norris and 0.2s ahead of Lewis. The top 16 are all within 0.9 of 1st.

Bodes well, so far.

Reactions: mat
Not watched for a few years but think I'll give this season a go. Hopefully there's more competition in it this time round rather than the usual foregone conclusion

Verstappen looked good. very comfortable in his car. Warner will be keeping an eye on mercedes poaching him next year.

I Suspect Hamilton will retire after this season. As some F1 media outlets seem to be briefing against him already.

Could be a spicy race tomorrow.

I think Ferrari and McLaren could be two teams to watch for internal driver battles this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.