F1 Season 2021

If Verstappen wins the title I will totally take my hat off to him.
If Lewis wins it, I shall be even more in awe of the man’s desire to fight than I am now.
Whatever, they are both scrappers, and they have made this season’s contest the most remarkable for years. You’ve got to go back to the fierceness of Prost and Senna for anything comparable.

Not over the pass/repass - that's what I meant.

I think he was just baffled as to what Verstappen had slowed, and the DRS line may have come into his mind as to one potential reason for some purpose he didn't understand.
Fair enough on the first one.

The only thing I can think of is that Hamilton thought Max was slowing because of debris or an obstruction. It can’t have been about retaking the place as he didn’t know about it.

The only reason I can think of is because he wanted to keep DRS?

As Dennis and Wolff have both said that Hamilton hadn't been informed, that seems more likely - people are coming with ideas and throwing them at people to be answered without thinking in the hope someone will say something.

Decent interviews from both Wolff and Horner, I thought.
The comment that he was reluctant to pull alongside expecting max to send him into the wall was probably accurate

Fair enough on the first one.

The only thing I can think of is that Hamilton thought Max was slowing because of debris or an obstruction. It can’t have been about retaking the place as he didn’t know about it.

I think we agree on that, and I was offering a potential (but by no means certain) answer to whether the DRS line played a part in the confusion - the pass wasn't in play.

I think we agree on that, and I was offering a potential (but by no means certain) answer to whether the DRS line played a part in the confusion - the pass wasn't in play.
I don’t think it would have been a factor for Lewis as he knew that even if Max repassed, each time Lewis would then overtake again would be closer to the start of the straight up until the point that Max couldn’t use DRS anymore as he was too far away.

It was a bizarre incident though.

The key to the steward's enquiry is something Toto said - Max was slowing down and speeding up and slowing down again.

Lewis said the same, he was slowing, then jammed the brakes on and moved across.

RB can't spin that telemetry. If you're letting someone through, you slow down once, until they're past, you don't slow, speed up, slow.

His onboard cam, I don’t think he had as much room to just go past as the commentators were suggesting. Need to see it again, but Verstappen didn’t look much off the racing line at all to me. If you couple that with him not knowing he had been told to give the place up, then I’m not surprised Hamiltons first instincts were to slow down too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.