F1 Season 2021

My take, rightly or wrongly, is It was obvious early in the manoeuvre that Verstappen had the advantage. Hamilton was forced off track because he didn’t cede the advantage and tried to regain it on the outside. If Verstappen locks that off, then that to me is good driving?
If thats the case, then F1 is reduced to banger racing.

Basically all you have to do is drive up the inside on any corner and punt the guy in front off.

Might as well be in the 1970's watching the Autocross on "World of Sport".

It‘s all about perspective and I suppose it all looks well and good if you look back at some incidents this season. MVs way is to take it to the max and run other cars off the track, which happened there as he failed to turn into the corner, running LH off. Usually, running another car out that way results in the driver having to give the place back for running them off track but due to previous incidents this season where they just let it run then they couldn’t take any action and just had to let it play out.
Ok. If it’s verboten then fair enough. I’m not a racing expert. Just seemed wierd to me, and I know some of the commentators thought the same.

On another note, I thought the timing of the VSC was interesting. We seen the incident and was awaiting an immediate response but the VSC was not called until LH passed the pit lane, meaning that he wasn’t given the option.

Then, SC comes out and LH complains that it’s going very slow, slower than it should be.

There‘s going to be a lot of evidence put forward for this, wouldn’t be surprised to see that there’s a trend towards MV throughout each event.

On another note, I thought the timing of the VSC was interesting. We seen the incident and was awaiting an immediate response but the VSC was not called until LH passed the pit lane, meaning that he wasn’t given the option.

Then, SC comes out and LH complains that it’s going very slow, slower than it should be.

There‘s going to be a lot of evidence put forward for this, wouldn’t be surprised to see that there’s a trend towards MV throughout each event.
Yes, I agree. I was thinking this.

There was a whole sequence of things that went which seemed to be building towards something.

The SC going too slow to keep the heat in LH tyres was quite an interesting thing in its own right.

I'm still trying to get my head around what RB were up too with the other car. I can't work it out but something odd was going on.

Ok. If it’s verboten then fair enough. I’m not a racing expert. Just seemed wierd to me, and I know some of the commentators thought the same.
It’s always been there for safety purposes, just this season has seen all the rules turned on their head and probably to garner a greater, newer audience.

I have to admit, after watching this sport for many years, that it maybe me that’s out of date with it all and the newer generation just want to see the spectacle of varying crashes. That’s not for me as we all know when it goes wrong in this sport, lives are lost or seriously changed, so abandoning rules for the sake of making more money is not what I want to see.

There was a whole sequence of things that went which seemed to be building towards something.

The SC going too slow to keep the heat in LH tyres was quite an interesting thing in its own right.

I'm still trying to get my head around what RB were up too with the other car. I can't work it out but something odd was going on.
That was a strange one as you could clearly hear Perez basically saying there was fuck all wrong with the car. He was exasperated at that decision.

It’s always been there for safety purposes, just this season has seen all the rules turned on their head and probably to garner a greater, newer audience.

I have to admit, after watching this sport for many years, that it maybe me that’s out of date with it all and the newer generation just want to see the spectacle of varying crashes. That’s not for me as we all know when it goes wrong in this sport, lives are lost or seriously changed, so abandoning rules for the sake of making more money is not what I want to see.
Yep, and the stronger cars are propably creating a false sense of security.

In the old days the consequences of any crash were so horrendous that even the crazy drivers would think twice.

That said, Senna thought he was invincible and didn't give a shit.

The risk of death or serious injury made it self regulating.

The safety car going slow also dictated where MV would reemerge from the pits.

I think the other RB car was possibly a back up strategy to try and hold up LH if they could engineer a pit stop to get it out in front.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.