F1 thread - 2019 Season

They are becoming irrelevant.

Their name the only reason they are kept in the sport.

Hardly. They're an incredibly consistent team but haven't been able to take that final step in the last 10 years.

Remarkably they haven't finished lower than 4th in the constructors since 1981. In that time Williams have come and almost gone, McLaren are a shadow of their former selfes. Benetton, Renault, Lotus etc whatever they're called at the moment have a few good years then go off the boil. To be near the top for that long isn't easy at all.

It's true mate. I browse other F1 communities and anyone that isn't a Hamilton or Mercedes fan don't enjoy watching the same driver/team win by a country mile every season

If you're a fan of Ham/Merc you've got to want some sort of decent competition. Even when I was a wee lad supporting Schumacher in the Ferrari I'd given up midway through the 2004 season because you'd know the race was over by lap two if the track was dry.

Then Alonso came along in the Renault and made things interesting. Maybe Ferrari should bring him back now it's clear Vettel has lost the ability to fight a whole championship.

If you're a fan of Ham/Merc you've got to want some sort of decent competition. Even when I was a wee lad supporting Schumacher in the Ferrari I'd given up midway through the 2004 season because you'd know the race was over by lap two if the track was dry.

Then Alonso came along in the Renault and made things interesting. Maybe Ferrari should bring him back now it's clear Vettel has lost the ability to fight a whole championship.
While Vettel is certainly not on it there are much bigger issues at Ferrari.
Their strategies are abysmal, they are outdeveloped by Merc every season and completely lack the mentality to win a championship

There is competion but Our Lewis is just to food for them, don't buy the bullshit on here that Mercedes are in another county to Ferrari, thats posters trying to do Lewis a disservice.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.