FA confirm Southgate will stay on until after Euro 2024 (p 101)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the first to admit it wasn’t their best match of the tournament.

Which, as you allude to, is an indictment of Southgate as a manager given I also freely admit England arguably had the better set of players.

I still maintain Bellingham’s control over the squad (and Southgate’s deference to/fear of him) had a big negative impact on England’s performances throughout.
I agree. In other words Bellingham is a big headed tosser.

Klopp would be interesting but I am not sure his style of Football would really cut it internationally. Poch would be an Argentinian version of Southgate. The issues is not just down to the coach. It is the FA as well. Pep would be ideal but he knows he would be a hiding to nothing and wouldn't be that interested in taking over.

I am the first to admit it wasn’t their best match of the tournament.

Which, as you allude to, is an indictment of Southgate as a manager given I also freely admit England arguably had the better set of players.

I still maintain Bellingham’s control over the squad (and Southgate’s deference to/fear of him) had a big negative impact on England’s performances throughout.

No argument from me there. The best team in the tournament won, it's just annoying that if we had a manager with balls it could've been different.

Wouldn’t mind a promotion from youth level. Spain have just done it with success. Surely there’s someone who plays controlled, attacking football!

Any manager who allows his keeper to keep hoofing it long game after game and giving away possession is out of his depth in the modern game. Get rid for the sake of the players, who are a talented bunch but need a proper manager and coaching staff.

That’s Jordan Pickford’s Everton tactics drummed into him that’s why, hoof it to Dominic says the ginger mourinho week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.