FA Cup 2023-24

Without wishing to be too much of a twat, there'll be 1500 there tonight, while their average league attendance is 150. Where's that missing 1350 during the season (accepting that Charlton will have more away fans there than the regular visitors would have?

Without wishing to be too much of a twat, there'll be 1500 there tonight, while their average league attendance is 150. Where's that missing 1350 during the season (accepting that Charlton will have more away fans there than the regular visitors would have?
Probably got Charlton season tickets, given the two teams are so close geographically.

They probably don’t want to see the Paper Mill take on The Windmills every other week.

Probably got Charlton season tickets, given the two teams are so close geographically.

They probably don’t want to see the Paper Mill take on The Windmills every other week.
I think it said there's only 2.5 miles between them. And I fully understand why they're getting a big crowd tonight, compared to their last/next home game. I'm not as thick as I look. But it must be frustrating for the club that the fans can make the effort tonight, then never show up for the rest of the season. But it's always been the way, I suppose. If we get drawn away to, say, Oldham in the 3rd round, I'd imagine the crowd would be a tad higher than their average attendance!

Used to teach the Cray Valley manager’s son, a lad called Toby. So am rooting for them tonight.

Didn’t Charlton’s Alfie May score against us in the FA Cup when he was playing for a different team?

I think it said there's only 2.5 miles between them. And I fully understand why they're getting a big crowd tonight, compared to their last/next home game. I'm not as thick as I look. But it must be frustrating for the club that the fans can make the effort tonight, then never show up for the rest of the season. But it's always been the way, I suppose. If we get drawn away to, say, Oldham in the 3rd round, I'd imagine the crowd would be a tad higher than their average attendance!
I was working in Oldham when they had a couple of good seasons under Royle, people with no prior interest in football were suddenly turning up for work wearing Oldham scarves, shops in their town centre had window displays. They started getting 20k at games, which soon went back down to 5k when they were relegated.
It's a town full of glory hunting yonner wankers.

I was working in Oldham when they had a couple of good seasons under Royle, people with no prior interest in football were suddenly turning up for work wearing Oldham scarves, shops in their town centre had window displays. They started getting 20k at games, which soon went back down to 5k when they were relegated.
It's a town full of glory hunting yonner wankers.
Not a fan of them, then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.