FA Cup 4th Round Draw - Burnley (H)

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley overestimating their support, they should have just taken the normal league allocation.
We played them in the 3rd round last year and there was loads of Burnley. I don't remember where they were sat but I am sure it was well over 5.5k. Probably the 3rd tier plus usual away end in SS2 and SS1. Has that much changed in 12 months?

We played them in the 3rd round last year and there was loads of Burnley. I don't remember where they were sat but I am sure it was well over 5.5k. Probably the 3rd tier plus usual away end in SS2 and SS1. Has that much changed in 12 months?

But they were flying last year with no need to play a much weakened side.
This year, they’re shite and are likely to field their reserves. Fans will know this.

But they were flying last year with no need to play a much weakened side.
This year, they’re shite and are likely to field their reserves. Fans will know this.
True mate, 3 mates at work all burnley season ticket holders aren’t going, to quote them “ we’re sick of getting hammered at city” rags game mid-week is miles more important for them

True mate, 3 mates at work all burnley season ticket holders aren’t going, to quote them “ we’re sick of getting hammered at city” rags game mid-week is miles more important for them
That's a sad state of affairs then if they are that demoralised. They were in Europe a few months ago and riding high. 12 months ago they brought 7.5k. I think Burnley fans are made of tougher stuff than that.

That's a sad state of affairs then if they are that demoralised. They were in Europe a few months ago and riding high. 12 months ago they brought 7.5k. I think Burnley fans are made of tougher stuff than that.
They didn’t totally sell out in league game other month either though, cheaper tickets this time i know but would that encourage another 4,000 to come? very much doubt it

They’re obviously not if they’re bringing half the allocation.
It’s hard these days. If they bring 4K that’s pretty good going..

I remember the trip to turf moor for the cup match under kendall ...it felt like a home from home briefly pre match ,standing on their version of the Kippax,terracing all down one side of the ground...that is until Burnley welcomed us with chants of "F*** off City,F*** off City!!..it was loud.
First time id ever heard an away team sing that to us....proper FA cup tie atmosphere,made even more hostile as our centre back Colin Hendry was loudly booed every time he touched the ball due to his blackburn rovers links...made it all the sweeter when he scored our goal in a 1nil win...
Was glad to get out there alive!
I was in the home end behind the goal. When City scored we felt quite comfortable as there was a quite a few Of us. Didn't Henry lift his shirt to show a Blackburn one underneath? I Remember the Burnley fans around us discussing plans for a trip to Montpellier to watch the rags . So sad.

I was in the home end behind the goal. When City scored we felt quite comfortable as there was a quite a few Of us. Didn't Henry lift his shirt to show a Blackburn one underneath? I Remember the Burnley fans around us discussing plans for a trip to Montpellier to watch the rags . So sad.
I remember that game. City had the whole Cricket Field Stand (seats) behind the goal and the away terracing on the Longside next to the seats. Probably about 7-8K all in.

Burnley overestimating their support, they should have just taken the normal league allocation.
In that case then they should pay for any unsold tickets in their end as I doubt they can be put on sale to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.