FA Cup 5th round draw - Huddersfield Town (Away)

No. It was a Saturday afternoon game and if i remember correctly Malcolm MacDonald was the Huddersfield manager at the time
Andy May -ex City of course scored the Huddersfield goal. There were 3 hat-tricks for City. Tony Adcock, David White and i think Paul Stewart with Neil McNab getting our other goal. I always remember the Huddersfield kit from that game, a yellow and black chess board design!

Yes you are bang on, it was a Saturday afternoon game and Malcolm MacDonald was their Manager. The other thing about the game was that City were crap for the first 15 mins or so and could have been 0-2 down before McNab scored. Yes, the Huddersfield kit was awful and the cheer that went up when Andy May scored their goal with a penalty was as big a cheer as for any of the City goals (I think we were 9-0 up at the time).

Yes you are bang on, it was a Saturday afternoon game and Malcolm MacDonald was their Manager. The other thing about the game was that City were crap for the first 15 mins or so and could have been 0-2 down before McNab scored. Yes, the Huddersfield kit was awful and the cheer that went up when Andy May scored their goal with a penalty was as big a cheer as for any of the City goals (I think we were 9-0 up at the time).

yes defo this John Gidman shoved somone in back when 9 0 and still wonder why you would do that! The interview with Malcolm M was a real memorable one when the interviewer asked him was this his most embarressing moment in football and he looked completely baffled as though it never entered his head and then agreed it probably was!

Their kit was described as like a beer mat, black & yellow checked squares i was in North Stand(still have ticket stub) which went bonkers when 10th went in as though it was the winner in last minute of injury time , and of course it was full to rafters with over 50,000 there :) think there was around 25k and North stand was more than 1/2 empty.

Biggest crowd ever for a football match, but might not beat some of the international rugby attendances. Not sure why but think there are less seats made available for the football matches

Another cracking win for us last night, fixtures like this might be a regular occurrence next season. City old boy Tommy Smith popping up with a last minute winner to send everyone wild

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.