FA Cup R3 - Port Vale (H) - Sat 04/01 - 5:31pm

Thanks for the reply.
I guess the issue of going to the semi is getting access to a ticket. I'm a member of the supporters club in Melbourne but City will have more season ticket holders than tickets being made available for us. Or at least that's how I think it works.
I want to experience a match day at the Etihad rather than Wembley but would go if I could.
I think you would get a semi final ticket for the FA Cup quite easy mate unless we were up against the rags,last year v Brighton and 2 years ago v Arsenal it went to open sale i think.

I was going, had planned a great day. Now I won't. It will effect what would have been a sell out. I hope it is still a good turn out, and should be if it is a tenner.

Hate saturday 5.30 games? Guessing you're not going tomorrow then? Or is that different because it's a big game?

Season card hilder are already going to the league games, if you ain't in the cup scheme you can choose to miss this if the time is inconvenient or stupid so the comparrison is not the same.

Season card hilder are already going to the league games, if you ain't in the cup scheme you can choose to miss this if the time is inconvenient or stupid so the comparrison is not the same.

No it's not. Saying you hate Saturday 5.30 kick offs but going tomorrow. If we had drawn Liverpool at home and it was 5.30 on a Saturday I bet it would be a different mentality.

The mentality of our fans is shocking. If you cant support us for the lesser games, dont bother turning up for the big games

I was going, had planned a great day. Now I won't. It will effect what would have been a sell out. I hope it is still a good turn out, and should be if it is a tenner.

Just out of interest, why couldn’t it still be a great day for you?

As it would be for a 3pm KO.

Yep, but then it would clash with lots of other games too, so would get smaller audience. Tbh, don’t have a problem with this kick off time, just as long as it’s a Saturday, that most important for me.

No it's not. Saying you hate Saturday 5.30 kick offs but going tomorrow. If we had drawn Liverpool at home and it was 5.30 on a Saturday I bet it would be a different mentality.

The mentality of our fans is shocking. If you cant support us for the lesser games, dont bother turning up for the big games
That's a bit harsh as well as completely unrealistic

I go to every home game a fair few aways, however 5:30 KOs are shite and I am losing the will to bother as the years go on with these stupid times, no matter the opposition.

I will be at the Vale game but fuck me who ever moved it to that time is a cockwomble

Last edited:
Just out of interest, why couldn’t it still be a great day for you?

Because of the people I was meeting, and the plans we had for the day. I do not live locally was meeting old friends from my Manchester youth for a meal in town, cannot do that now and get a train home, there are none. I already do plenty of travelling for home games, and put up with lots of kick off time changes.
I am disappointed, if the change was for british tv, I would not complain. We accept the tv money and it helps us as a club, but on this occasion.........

I'm out.

Hate saturday 5.30 games? Guessing you're not going tomorrow then? Or is that different because it's a big game?
Yes I'm going tomorrow, I will miss 2 home league games this season, one for work, one because I'm away on holiday.

If you read my later post, I explain why I hate Saturday 5:30 games. I normally stay up after Saturday night 5:30 games, but that is majorly disruptive for a weekend, and I couldn't this weekend.

Having officially announced yesterday it was a 3:00pm ko, I could have booked my trains yesterday, only to find out they changed it to 5:30 so it could be shown on TV overseas, and there is no reason to do that, because a 3:00pm ko can be shown live on TV overseas (I'm sure the world audience for Port Vale will be for ever grateful though).

Sorry but its another "fuck you" to football fans who go to games, so now I will save myself £50 and 8 hours travelling, and watch it on a stream, I'm very sorry I didn't ask for your permission though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.