FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

Luton by far for me.

Was 12 years old and went with my Dad in the main stand & remember at full time my eyes welling up as my Dad put his arm around me to comfort me ha. Relegated? Second division? How’ve we come to this Dad?!

Fortunately he didn’t take me to Wembley in 81 as was too young and no doubt I’d have reacted the same then. At least watching it home I could go off and sulk in my room at full time!!

81 by a country mile.

If we had won we would have been in Europe and the finances etc at the time may have prevented 83.

I went to Porto to see us lose to Chelsea, not a patch on 81 that, feel sick when I watch Hutchinson move to the side.

We deserved to win the Saturday game.
Swales and Bond would have pissed that extra revenue up the wall in no time.

83 as it was my ever City game. I was 7, with my dad in the main stand and cried a lot. Set me up for 30 years of ups and downs. I remember 81 just about, but 83 hurt like hell.

I remember both only too well. For some reason Spurs 81 sticks in the throat more. The feeling of disbelief after the Luton game quickly gave way to thinking at least we would start winning more than we lost. The cup final felt like a lost chance of some very rare silverware . For some reason I still get annoyed about Spurs and wigan more than I should.

81 by a country mile.

If we had won we would have been in Europe and the finances etc at the time may have prevented 83.

I went to Porto to see us lose to Chelsea, not a patch on 81 that, feel sick when I watch Hutchinson move to the side.

We deserved to win the Saturday game.
All that is dead right, however as they both happened the way they did it’s Luton for me. Watching that twat skipping across the pitch at the end still pisses me off. I may have mis remembered this as I’m an foc but does anyone else recall City fans throwing missiles from the kippax car park back over the wall to the area at the bottom of the steps after the game?

All that is dead right, however as they both happened the way they did it’s Luton for me. Watching that twat skipping across the pitch at the end still pisses me off. I may have mis remembered this as I’m an foc but does anyone else recall City fans throwing missiles from the kippax car park back over the wall to the area at the bottom of the steps after the game?

It was chaos outside. The police had formed a line of dog handlers in front of the away turnstiles and were getting bombarded with rocks and stones off the Kippax carpark. But half of them were landing on other City fans coming out.

Christ knows how long the Luton fans were locked in for?

Luton was by far worse - that summer was horrendous. Did not want the season to start as the PTSD was entrenched. Anyway, one thing City has given me is the ability to process and recover from knock-backs. LOL.

On a side note, I spent three years in Salvador, Brazil (2006-09) and started supporting Bahia FC - who have a similar addiction to tragedy like the Blues. Wrote a crime fiction book while I was there. Anyone, wants a copy...you can DM me.

Luton was by far the worse day in my 50 off years of watching City, after beating Brighton away, Luton lost 5-1 at home to Everton, we were huge favorites to stay up because as long as we didn't lose we would stay up. I can't put into words the gut wrenching heart break that came with that defeat, I suppose you had to be there to understand.
Me too, remember going into college on the Monday and all the newspapers were just full of relegation, horrible horrible time, as it was for nearly the next 20 years!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.