FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

gillymcfc said:
As a 12 yr old sat in platt lane it had to be Luton, felt like my world had caved in
Seeing pleat dancing on our pitch made my blood boil.
Look where we are now, made the journey all the more sweeter
And look where Luton are, and look at what Pleat achieved as a manager...

The 81 Final was hard but not as hard as Luton 83 my dad gave up his season ticket in disgust - though he did keep buying me mine.

Took me until our last season there to get him back in Maine Road

Personally I can still see Pleat dancing on the pitch but God has a sense of humour cos Raddy Antic who score the winner for Luton went on to manage Barcelona in the early 90s took them to the top of La Liga and promptly got sacked.

Luton for me but i dont remember much about the fa cup final in 1981.Relegation is always worst than a cup final defeat

Being at Wembley was a buzzin day for the first game in 1981 ...couldn't make the replay so we watched it on the box and we all had a feeling we had missed the chance to win it first game...so when we did lose it was bad but not unbearable...
Luton was just fucking bad...really bad....still feels bad even writing about it...nothing but bad....so Luton was worse.

Luton was and still is the lowest point I've experienced. The cup final was the catalyst of what was to come two years down the line and malaise that engulfed the club for the next 20 years.

Easily Luton 83. It was the most crucial match in a generation and the way we lost was absolutely devastating. I have never felt lower watching City.
Most of us have seen some crap matches / seasons following City over the years, but no matter how bad things got we always found a reason to laugh about it. Luton 83 was a totally different experience. There was no humour to be found. It was truly heartbreaking.

As for the 81 cup final, that was comparatively disappointing. It wasn't even half as bad as standing pissed wet through in the mud at Halifax...

Although the Cup Final loss was disappointing it was still two great days out at Wembley.

The Luton relegation was devastating and summed up what Swales had done to the club after bringing back Allison and letting him dismantle a good team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.