FA Cup Final loss in 1981 or Luton 83?

I do like to sometimes see threads about stuff I was too young to remember :)

Heard my old fella moan about the cup final more than the relegation over the years

Cant choose. Both of em sickening. We had Tottenham done on the Saturday only for hutches shoulder to get in the way. Luton was so heartbreaking as it was right at the death. I didn't leave the ground till 8pm. Think my hatred for Tottenham started in may 81.Thats the past. Thank you for the present sheik mansour.

Cant choose. Both of em sickening. We had Tottenham done on the Saturday only for hutches shoulder to get in the way. Luton was so heartbreaking as it was right at the death. I didn't leave the ground till 8pm. Think my hatred for Tottenham started in may 81.Thats the past. Thank you for the present sheik mansour.

Same here, I've detested spuds ever since.
BTW is your username named after the boozer I used to go in before games at Maine Road?

81 broke my heart. In 83 I was weirdly excited about the prospect of visiting a load of new grounds and probably winning a lot of games

I was at both. I hadn’t been to Wembley before and I was so happy my old man had got me a ticket to the replay so even though we lost it still seemed like a bit of an adventure to me.

Luton was much more sickening, I can still remember being in tears in the car on the way up Lloyd St on the way home and my old man saying to me don’t cry son it’s happened before and it’ll happen again

I was six when Luton happened so is a mere memory of a day of tragerdy, however I dont have to relive it constantly where I have had to watch that Villa goal repeatedly every year for 40+ years

Personally nothing football wise will ever compare to that dreadful luton defeat in may 1983 and I wagged school for the spurs thursday night replay having gone on the saturday when they got a football education. seen everything since and luton makes me more iller than I felt walking out of Porto's ground in 2021 after defeat to chelsea after champions league final

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.