FA Cup Final - Post Game thread

I can accept losing a game of football at the end day, every football fan obviously knows the feeling but that first half performance will get under my skin for a long time.
Plenty league derbies had gone the same way in recent years. I am not quite bothered than I used to be with this.

Gutted. We played so well in this competition until today. Those Tottenham and Chelsea wins mean nothing now. I can't believe the club allowed the players to party before this game.
i see a lot of comments about city partying. Is there any proof city have had an end of season party? And that players been on piss for days?

At some stage in the season we all started to feel that winning the league was too much of an ask after the treble, losing players, trying to bed new ones in, injuries to key players and so on. Liverpool were talking about the quad. Arsenal then went on a run which should have seen them win the league but lost at Villa. Somehow we went from there to here, which is us as record 4 times league winners.

I think that was a big ask for us, took it out of us to get there and by the time it's done you can be forgiven as a team to fall over at the finish line and not want to get back up; afterall, you've just won. Admittedly, going on the piss before a cup final against your rivals is not great, but still.

Meanwhile, I think Utd spent there last few games concentrating on this game.
Not so sure tbh. We looked half arsed for a lot of that game and I think we didn't take it serious enough.

Ortega - guff for their 1st, okay for the rest of the match
Walker - sleeping for their 2nd
Stones - a frankly appalling performance from start to finish, got outpaced after 30 seconds down the middle and things didn't get any better after...terrible shot 2nd half
Ake - poor
Gavrdiol - not his usual dangerous self
Kova - did okay, Surprised to see him taken off
Rodri - not great
Phil - very disappointing...one great pass all match which should have led to a goal
Bernardo - couldn't find a City player with any cross, not his best match
Haaland - weak, invisible, another poor performance...getting outmuscled by 5ft 6 Utd players....come on
Kev - didn''t make a pass all match and spent most of the 1st half getting in Phil's way
Doku - outstanding....
Alvarez - abysmal sub performance, this guy has gone backwards this season since January
Akanji - not great either, ridiculous shot late on (as did Stones)

On Pep for the 1st half shit show perhaps?... changing both CB's from a. successful winning run was plain weird and we paid for it as we were wide open in the first half
Much better 2nd half when Doku was on but not enough.
Still, we all need a good rest after another stressful season.....hopefully some decent signings in the summer to refresh things and we go again
Unfortunately the players won't get any rest due to international tournaments, we'll be running on fumes by November

We looked like a team that have won a treble the season before and gone full tilt this year.

Nothing but admiration for the team. They probably partied hard this week but hey, we've won more than I could ever imagine. I have no hard feelings.

Difficult to pick a motm for City, probably not Stones, Rodri, Kevin, Phil, Stones, Walker, Guardiol, Stones, Bernardo.

I think that leaves Haaland. (Though I though Kova was good)

Like in Porto 3 years ago, this is down to one man. Genius, he certainly is. But Pep fucked up. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Ake and, particularly, Stones was a gamble that failed. Once Ortega gifted the opening goal, we were always struggling to get back into the game. Specially in that first half.
Ake and Stones at the back don't explain the shit performances from the midfield and attack.

We never got going and then we gifted them a goal. The second one is shit from the entire defence (and Rodri).

I think deciding to rotate the centre backs, which he's done all season depending on the opposition, is totally different to Porto.

Nowhere near as bad as the feeling after Wigan.

Give the lads a break, they’ve just won four in a row and were entitled to celebrate it and that’s probably what made the difference.

We won the cup final that really mattered.

Looking forward to the parade tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.