FA Cup Final Post Match thread

What I can't understand is why our play has become so laboured? Last season, when teams pressed us, we moved the ball quickly and played triangles, shifting the play and moving the ball quickly to break away from the defenders. That seems to have gone out of the window. Whenever pressed now all we do is try and keep possession by playing backwards. Yesterday our build up play was so slow, it was painful to watch. I just don 't understand why because we have players in Aguero, Silva, Nasri and even Toure who can move the ball quickly and make clever balls. We have hardly seen that all season.

I couldnt believe that about Costal too, he should have played in the final having played in every round and done very well.
I like Joe he is an excellent keeper and nothing against him, but Pants should have got the nod.

Stretford Born Blue said:
Well, £450 down, absolutely bolloxed after driving 450 miles there and back, no drink, got soaked leaving, sat/stood with some of the most undignified tits ever who couldn't stand they were that pissed, and sat in a traffic jam on the M6 for an hour going home.
Where were all City's regular fans yesterday...?
Previously at Wembley I met dozens I knew but saw just 2 yesterday...?!
I know we had extra tickets and probably 50000 in the stadium but did it spread the regulars that thinly....?!
It was flat as f##k, the whole day, in fact the whole build up during the week was.
After 10 minutes you could see the team was flat, Bobby's tic-tac's failed miserably and the players....., well I think the rumours of him going were cemented by the teams performance, I don't think they played for him, would they do that in a final...????!!How else can you explain that performance. I don't know what they were playing at, but everything was wrong yesterday, never felt right or positive.
Well done to Wigan, that was passion and commitment, they wanted it, they got it, pleased for them...So any City players reading this, you can put it right or piss off, there is no excuse to play like that when 50000 of your fans have spent hundreds of pounds of their good money to watch you play like a bunch of complete strangers without a plan A, or B in fact......Going now as I'm getting stressed, it's just hit me, I'm well disappointed, that should have been another trophy in the cabinet and you cocked it up, thanks for nothing...Rant over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sums up the whole day - from the play to the atmosphere, everything was flat!

blue since 69 said:
I've tried but i can't understand why Bob substituted Tevez as he looked to be the only likely to score.

No one can mate and I havnt seen a single post trying to defend it either.

Bizarre it was!

Had a great time in the irish social club before the match and then it went down hill from there.

Till the next time!

First half wasn't too bad - they didn't get a look in for nearly 10 minutes, but they looked much more like scoring than we ever did.
2nd half was one of the worst performances in a big game I've ever seen. That was Mancini's worst game too - Barry, Yaya or Silva should have been the first off,not Nasri or Tevez - and Clichy might as well not have been there - absolute embarrassment for him. As good as Mancini's been on occasions, that was a tactical masterclass in ineptitude.
Just when you think it's not the same old City, we finished off the season in the FA's showpiece game, in front of a world wide TV audience, in classic City fashion to round off our damp squib of a season.
Well done to Wigan. They got what they deserved, and the one consolation is that it's good for the FA Cup because fans' dreams will continue after Wigan's own dream came true.
On a final note about tactics, isn't it strange that Martinez can get Wigan's apparently journeymen players to switch from 3 at the back to 4 at the back as he pleases, but that's been like teaching rocket science in a kindergarten to our lot all season.

the blue panther said:
First half wasn't too bad - they didn't get a look in for nearly 10 minutes, but they looked much more like scoring than we ever did.
2nd half was one of the worst performances in a big game I've ever seen. That was Mancini's worst game too - Barry, Yaya or Silva should have been the first off,not Nasri or Tevez - and Clichy might as well not have been there - absolute embarrassment for him. As good as Mancini's been on occasions, that was a tactical masterclass in ineptitude.
Just when you think it's not the same old City, we finished off the season in the FA's showpiece game, in front of a world wide TV audience, in classic City fashion to round off our damp squib of a season.
Well done to Wigan. They got what they deserved, and the one consolation is that it's good for the FA Cup because fans' dreams will continue after Wigan's own dream came true.
On a final note about tactics, isn't it strange that Martinez can get Wigan's apparently journeymen players to switch from 3 at the back to 4 at the back as he pleases, but that's been like teaching rocket science in a kindergarten to our lot all season.

I know it's odd how they can chop and change at will. We just had no zip, no fire, no drive, no energy, no hunger. We just had nothing. Wigan should have gone out there and been shitting it over what was about to hit them. 11 famished and lean lions. But instead they were confronted by sheep ready to be sheared. I can't make any sense of it.

City Raider said:
Pam said:
I am going to be gutted for ages now. Cheers for that, City.

same, I'm more gutted today, really sinking in - the chance to win trophies is so rare, the players should be embarrassed by that regardless of rumour/mancini failings
^^^ spot on, only gona get worse tomorrow at work when all the armchair rags rub it in, absolutely gutted

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.