FA Cup Final | United (N) - Sat 3rd June 15:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Foden starts. I think he’s been really good recently and its always good to see a local lad in a derby game
There’s a bit of chatter on social media that Mahrez may start. I’ll be devastated for Phil if that is the case. This is one game where he will be desperate to start, and he’s played very well recently when he’s come on.

If it comes down to Phil v Mahrez, there’s no doubt in my mind Phil should start (I’m assuming Pep may save Bernie for the bigger stage).

Possibly against Garnacho if he plays.
Stones is not exactly slow and does have good positional play and better football intelligence than Walker.
However I suspect you’re right and Pep will probably go with Walker v rags and Stones v Inter
If Walker don't play than Akanji would play right back,because when Stones go inside midfield it is easier to go from center back and move back ,than from right back.

Last edited:
To be fair to United (expecting bricks to be thrown!) if I remember right, they were basically ordered to play that club world cup thing as part of a failed deal to get the real World Cup in England - not sure which one - possibly 2010? As it turned out we were out-bid (or out bribed) so it never happened anyway....

They should have played their youth team though in the FA Cup, I have always argued that.

I remember it as the Rags were trying to pressure the FA into giving them a bye, they thought by threatening to pull out they’d roll over but they called their bluff.

Entitled cunts.

My only concern regarding this game is the bent officiating, man for man we will take them apart but every contact will result in a dive, no yellows for them after a dozen bad fouls and a bucket load for us for nowt… !

Hope I’m wrong but the rags can’t beat us fair and square so they will rely on the officials and their assaults on the ref and the deck … !

Despite this pessimism I’m still going for a City win ;-)

There’s a bit of chatter on social media that Mahrez may start. I’ll be devastated for Phil if that is the case. This is one game where he will be desperate to start, and he’s played very well recently when he’s come on.

If it comes down to Phil v Mahrez, there’s no doubt in my mind Phil should start (I’m assuming Pep may save Bernie for the bigger stage).
I'll be genuinely surprised if Bernie doesn't play both

Pep Guardiola: "It's the final of the #EmiratesFACup and it's a pleasure to be here. It's a final so nothing else. It should be good for us if we have to think about what we have to do to win one game - nothing changes..."

Breaking: #ManCity have a fully-fit squad to face Manchester United in the #EmiratesFACup final, says Pep Guardiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.